View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 22, 2007
33rd CTP (ITG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSP-2004Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

A.J. is a jewel in the roughA.J. is a jewel in the roughA.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default STP of the Information Group

Assalam-o-alaikum!

Some details of the STP of "Information Group", provided by an Officer from the 33rd Common

STP of the Information Group takes place at the Information Group Academy, Islamabad. Our stp was almost 10 months long.

Syllabus
We studied:
1. International Affarirs,
2. Pak Affairs,
3. Journalism,
4. Mass Com,
5. Public Relations,
6. General English etc.
Some Seminars were also arranged by our department.

There were two major presentations,one book review and a Country Study Tour to the Northern Areas.We visited Gilgit, Bhasham, Batagram, Skardu, Haltar valley, Sust Port , Chilas etc. The joiurney was via the KaraKoram Highway and it seemed to be a nightmarae owing to the rugged condition of the road. Then we had attachments with PeMRA, PBC, PTV, leading news papers, Tv channels, a medical insitute and IRSP.

About the future prospects
I can't say anything with clarity at the moment but the image of the group has certainly improved as compared to the past times.Another thing is that for ladies it is considered good because of the absence of bossing + Promotion chances are also rapid now because of the retrirement of senior officers.
The "P.R.O's" who are attached to the ministers can cash their position owing to liasionship and earn many advantages other than a vehicle and good accomodation.

As far as I am concerned , my pay is 20 plus. Telephone subscription is of 900 free calls per month, travelling allowance, deputation allowance, study allowance etc. I also get four newspapers daily + other publications every month. Transport facility for office is available.

Main departments for postings include :
PID,
ABC,
DFP ,etc.

Regards,
A commoner,
Information Group.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:
ehsan ullah shahzad (Friday, August 14, 2009), H. R. Akhunzada (Tuesday, June 21, 2011), iron guy (Sunday, July 25, 2010), marwatone (Tuesday, July 07, 2009), parhakubacha (Wednesday, August 22, 2007), Riazuddin (Friday, September 24, 2010), syedrizwan (Friday, September 20, 2013), Waseemtabish (Tuesday, August 04, 2009)