View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 05, 2013

Ahmed Green is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noman View Post
PhD positions Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Leiden University Faculteit Sociale Wetenschappen,
Openings for PhD positions, The Dept. of Public Adm. of the Fac. of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Leiden, 2300 RA (Zuid-Holland), 38 hours per week

Function title: Openings for PhD positions, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences

The substantive specialization of our search is quite broad, and we are interested in hearing from strong students regardless of their specialization with public administration, public policy, and public affairs. However, the Department’s research program and staff interests are especially appropriate for Ph.D. students with interests in one of the following research areas:

1.European Union Decision-Making, including the preparation and further development of policy within the multi-level context of the Union’s institutions,

2.Normative Analysis of Public Administration, including research concerning the analysis of cultural, conceptual and ethical dimensions of administrative reality;

3.The Development and Nature of Administrative Traditions, including the foundations and development of administrative thought;

4.National Policy Processes, including attention to interactions among political and bureaucratic actors in the development and implementation of public policy;

5.The Management of Public Organizations, with special attention to formal and informal staff and management relationships in the context of comparative public reform and management;

6.International Development Administration, with special attention to the role of the public sector and international organizations in the developing world

Requirements
-----------------------------------------------
Required education/skills:University Graduate
Completed or soon to be completed MA or comparable degree in public administration, political science, sociology, economics or another related and relevant social science; strong interest in the relevant research methods for the proposed project. The MA must be completed prior to the beginning of the contract.

Workfield(s):
- Research trainees, non-tenured lecturers, researchers(Scientific discipline: Behaviour and Society)

Organization
-----------------------------------------------------
Leiden University
Faculteit Sociale Wetenschappen,

Conditions of employment
Duration of the contract: 4 years
Maximum hours per week: 38

Additional Information
------
Or additional information can be obtained through one of the following links:
About the organization (http://www.leiden.edu/)
About the department (http://www.fsw.leidenuniv.nl/)
About the function (http://www.vacatures.leidenuniv.nl/i...hp3?m=1&c=1505)

Faculteit der Sociale Wetenschappen
Wassenaarseweg 52
P&O
Postbus 9555
2300 RB Leiden
Nederland
E-mail: vacature@fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Hi Mr. Noman, I really appreciate your effort to provide such detailed information. It will be kind of you if you can clear my confusion.
I have done MPA(masters in public administration) from University of Punjab. So the link i quoted above is relevant to my area of studies, but i am not sure if it is a scholarship? If yes then can you please guide me through the process of applying? and tips to securing it?
Regards,
Ahmed
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmed Green For This Useful Post:
falconer (Tuesday, May 01, 2018)