View Single Post
Old Friday, June 10, 2005
Administrator

Thanked 2,445 Times in 282 Posts
Argus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to behold

(One of the post by Miss Mediha,2001 topper)

ASA
Since i took my O'levels, we were trained to think out and outline our essay before writing.. i think that is indeed a very healthy way of writing, and it makes the essay coherent, flowing and well connected and very readable.
Also, another point on the essay that i would like to give out is that please, dont write a 'run of the mill' essay and go on for pages and pages and pages with empty rhetoric.. that is NOT what is required.
I wrote my essay on 'On tolerance' and believe me, my essay was philosophical, factual and opinionated on what i felt. AND, it wasn't for 20 pages.. I think it went the length of about 15 pages MAX..
think out the essay well, be careful in chosing a topic and write from the heart (but nothing that makes u sound like a rebel without a cause)

Last edited by Argus; Friday, June 10, 2005 at 11:17 AM.