View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 26, 2013
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminshah101 View Post
Assalam o Alaikum everyone,

Well, this thread is meant to question as well as discuss the work environment of Office Management Group and the ways to tackle complex issues that may arise. Replies from Seniors are much needed.

So to begin with, I question the following:

1. What is the standing of a fresh OMG officer posted as Section Officer after STP on the following issues?

a) Does he get a separate "closed room sort" office with Air Conditioner?

b) Does he get basic facilities at office like Telephone, Computer/Laptop with Internet etc.?

c) Does he works by himself or has he got some staff under him?

d) In case of any reporting staff, how much employees are directly under his control and what authority he enjoys over them?

e) What is authority of a Section Officer on the whole?

f) Since Secretariat has all the big guns sitting out there, so chances of office politics may be high and the staff of some Senior Officials may exploit their probable nuisance. You know shikayati and reporting culture etc. How to tackle with them?

Kindly provide your replies with regards to Islamabad Secretariat as well as any Secretariat. Waiting and thanks in advance .

Sir, I have found you the most worried of all and it has been so since an era. Is it not better that you don't join OMG? most probably, you must wait for your CE-2013 result. i wish you best of luck. In sha Allah, you will get a better group next time. moreover, with such a mental aptitude, i dont think that you would even be able to do your ctp with any reasonable satisfaction as, i guess, you would surely be undergoing an inferiority complex in front of the psp/dmg fellows there. Be bold my dear friend. you are going to be a civil [SERVANT], not a civil [RULER].

Secondly, to all those people who have been allocated in OMG, i would like to say that you guys are the most privileged people for its not easy to pass such a tough competitive exam and get allocated. among 12 executive groups that the Civil Services / Bureaucracy offers, you have landed in 6th or 7th one, that is OMG. just go through the posts of our dear seniors who have explained the positives of this group here in various posts/threads. i would just add one thing to what my seniors have pointed out. it is that all the OMG officers whom i have met until now, seem totally satisfied after a service of some 7 to 8 years when they are promoted to Deputy Secretary. only an initial period of 7 to 8 years is a bit tough due to some workload and lesser authority.

Thirdly, for God sake, dont run after POWER and PERKS. we have to build this poor country, poorly developed country, poorly groomed nation etc. we are the only ones who have been assigned a task to do this job. i dont know how such power-hungry people will serve our nation. they just need power and authority, cars, bangalows, AC rooms etc. why dont they get satisfied with just a little authority and service that our country expects from them? why dont they understand that we need to develop as fast as other countries have been doing so? do we need to just sit in cars, bangalows and AC rooms? if you possess this kind of mentality, then please dont abuse corrupt politicians like zardari or nawaz or whosoever you keep on using harsh words for and for God sake, dont join civil services if you are this kind of man. we have had enough. now lets only be the CIVIL "SERVANTS" rather than CIVIL RULERS.
Regards.
sorry if my post breaks the rules of the business or hurts anyone.
Thanks.

Last edited by fromQAU; Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 07:50 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fromQAU For This Useful Post:
Ammara Khan88 (Monday, October 21, 2013), Amna (Friday, September 27, 2013), Bozdar Iqbal (Friday, September 27, 2013), Despicable (Saturday, September 28, 2013), koolestmaverick (Thursday, September 26, 2013), pureapak (Saturday, September 28, 2013), rayma qaiser (Thursday, September 26, 2013), Shooting Star (Friday, September 27, 2013)