View Single Post
Old Monday, September 30, 2013

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadafnoorelahi View Post
sadia,may be i didn't understand what actually the examiner wanted to know. i felt it was demanded in the question that i should put forward facts,whether newspapers show a decline or an increase. and the fact is that news circulation has declined overall in the world and that still among the countries, pakistan has a high rate of circulation.but the fact remain the same: there is is a overall decline in newspaper due to the other types of sources of information.

honestly,i don't understand what you are trying to point out? that i should not present both sides of the picture before giving my verdict or that you disagree with my final verdict?

secondly, what do you consider freedom? is it to be without any responsiblity?i feel freedom is when you use your freedom responsibly.so i think the two go together and are an essence of a democratic culture.

may be i am wrong in this regard because this is what i read Everywhere.if you have contrary views.then please attempt this question in your way. so i may understand your point of view.
My dear ,

Now a days , papz do not demand information just rather analysis with strong opinion or your reflection .All question are not reflective , some are descriptive in journalism , so first one has to see the nature of the question . You conclude with both sides in given answer which shows your lack of aptitude and intellect (examiner will think) . All of us has the same knowledge ,why some get higher or highest marks , it is the way of attempt and understanding of question .

Quote:
Have newspapers lost their importance after the fast growth of cable television and social media in Pakistan? Comment.
Newspaper readership in Pakistan

Draw backs of Social and cable televison

1.promote sensationalism
2.Rumors mongering
3. Abusive languages
4. Partial judgment of the fact
5.Address illiterate faction only
6. Aim to entertain general mass not to literate
7. Play back singing / covering news lead with Indian songs
8. Exaggeration of particular fact to highlight the sentiment of particular sect
or immoderate approach
and many others ..

Merits of News papers

1. Impartial judgment
2.Covered all day to day happening
3. Addresses general problems and offer solution by famous columnists
4. Presents detailed reports of particular story
5. Editorial policy of Newspapers which restrain from sensationalism and restricts its objectivity
6. Addresses not the nation but all the over the globe ; it represent Pakistan at international level

and many more

conclusion

Its importance has been increased because of its objectivity , feedback and impartiality newspapers have gained more currency

I am not an authority , you have asked me and i just conveyed what I have . You may contradict . My intention was pure just to guide you , If you feel discomfort then I would not post an more

stay blessed

Regards !

SADIA SHAFIQ
rayma qaiser (Tuesday, October 01, 2013)