View Single Post
Old Saturday, September 08, 2007
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

Raz,

thanks for the wishes, so nice and kind of you! Well, my failure was because of only and only 'time', actually the attempt as a whole was not planned well, I started preparing by the end of Feb, while exams were to be held in May-June. I'd have done quite good if I were to study only but Job, toughest written work of B.Ed, and research proposal for M.phil all were on the way. I couldn't quit any of them though I tried to manage all at maximum. It was over all scenario. Besides that for stats, I can recall my memories I didn't give time to theory till the extent I should have (though m' still very good at stats if I've to teach probability, hypothesis etc), I prepared from the sources I mentioned above and. Paper was a bit lengthy, but not that difficult. I really don't remember whether my MCQs part went well or not, as I got the consolidated marks on mark sheet. I mentioned the reason of my failure above, and will suggest following from my experience:

DO NOT OPT STATISTICS IF:

You cannot give proper time to it.
You've not studied it earlier (having stats as a part of your graduation or master syllabus is different to that of STUDYING it)
You feel you're excellent at calculations but not good at theory.

Last edited by Qurratulain; Saturday, September 08, 2007 at 07:40 PM.