View Single Post
Old Monday, October 28, 2013

socialculprit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsandSkies View Post
is it normal that university officials keep half or more than than half of the scholarship amount to themselves???

the focal person of hec at my university said that I wont get any money untill i submit my synopsis for phd... but i am still doing ms....

focal person said that the scholarship amount will be put to the university account

somebody please post details of how everything works in university and in hec once indigenous phd fellowship is confirmed??? I am so confused ....
No, university officials or even university do not keep any amount. Rest assure.

And that would be for the MS synopsis - I guess, not phd synopsis because they do send money to MS students as well.

Yes, the check will be sent to the university. You will be notified via a letter. You will then be refunded the tuition fee. The leftover will be sent back to HEC. Stipend and other funds will be handed over to you maybe via draft or check by your university.

So it works straight away. By the way, if you are selected for phd scholarship only, then I'm afraid you will not going to get refund of MS. Anyways, once you get the final confirmation letter from HEC, wait for the next letter from them in which they will notify you that the check has been sent to the university.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feroz A View Post
Recently hec has uploaded second merit cut off point for applicants selected in category "b" against the advertisement (july 2012)..

Isnt it too late as the candidates may have planned something else ??
In 2nd list, merit cut off for social sciences has reduced from 82 to 71...
Yes, and that is probably due to the fact that they were out of funds :-)

Now that they have been funded, they are up and live again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsandSkies View Post
My check is sent to the uni...category b candidate.

according to letter 1lac goes to uni for tuition fee.. my tuotion fee is 15000 .. will they return the rest of the amount to me or just keep it???? Somebody help me with this
Now why you are assuming that they will give the remaining amount to you?

100,000 - 15000 = 85K will be sent back to HEC.