View Single Post
Old Friday, November 08, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

sadafnoorelahi will become famous soon enough

comments, criticism and suggestions are strongly encouraged. qurban i would encourage you to answer past papers as well. your journalism question solving ability is quite commendable. sadia shafiq kindly comment on my answers as i accept you as a valuable critic in this regard. all the others are also strongly encouraged to contribute answers and comment and criticize.

Q3) News’ have in depth influence in any society. Discuss the effects of different news on Pakistan Society.

News : it is the report of a recent event.

Introduction: news is a form of a communication. In the past, news was transmitted as word of mouth. But even then man had an appetite for information of people, events, objects near and far. With the passage of time, technology transformed the media of news transmission. Print media started to develop and flourish over time. Later it was replaced by radio and then television. Today, social media is also an important sources of news. In a nutshell, it may be rightly said that man has advanced over time yet his appetite for news remains unsatiated.
It is an acronym of north east west south.

Impact of different news in Pakistan
a) Political news

i) Political news provide the citizens information of recent policies enacted by the government. For e.g information of anti sexual harassment act enacted has helped create a better working environment for the women.

ii) It also projects the reaction of the general mass to different policies. For e.g price hike in electricity tariffs and the news of strikes in reaction keeps the government apprised of the gavity of the situation.

iii) Political news act as a bridge between the policy makers and the general public particularly, during election campaigns, different political parties try to obtain first-hand knowledge of the grievances and issues of the general lot and plan their manifestoes, accordingly.

iv) At times, political news also mobilize public opinion as in the case of restoration of judiciary.

b) Educational news

i) Such news help the audience to be informed About the geographical facts and scientific terms.

ii) Educational news also helps individuals form a realistic point a view of the world and different communities for e.g Pakistanis may perceive Indians as being hypocrites and brutal but the recent projection of the “soft image” of india is just the contrary.

iii) Similarly, news of inventions and discoveries all around the world keeps the audience at par with the rest of the world.

c) Social news
These news show examples to socialize the mass with the norms of the society

i) Social news helps the audience to socialize the beliefs and relationships of the society, in order to operate successfully in the society.

ii) Similarly, by socializing with the beliefs and relationships of the society, such news also refrain individuals from adopting socially repulsive behaviour.

iii) Nowadays, social news are also playing a proactive role in diminishing superstitious beliefs by exposing fake peers, astrologers etc.

iv) Timely news can help in averting disastrous consequences such as the news of flood or tsunami or earthquakes at the proper time could help in preventing huge losses.

Religious news

i) Religious news relating to holy days, months, events creates religious awareness among individuals.

ii) By providing a coverage of religious events, majalis etc, news helps to keep traditions and rituals alive.

Economic news

i) News also broadcast information relating to the rise and fall of prices in stock, gold, shares etc. in this way, people remain informed of recent economic trends

ii) Economic news also provide information about new investments, developmental programes, saving schemes and helps the citizens of the country maximize the potential of their resources.

iii) There are certain channels which provide news of price of daily commodities which prevents exploitation of consumers in the hands of the product sellers.

Weather news

i) The news of the weather forecast has a strong impact on Pakistani society, where many individuals plan their business and leisure trips in view of the weather changes.

ii) Weather forecast is also very important for the farmers who have to remain mindful of sowing, harvesting and cutting of the crops at proper times.

Cultural news

i) Cultural news are important in transmitting the knowledge to the next generation i.e ensures continuity of cultural norms.

ii) It also helps to diminish cultural gaps between different nations by broadcasting similarities and justifying differences.

Entertainment news

i) Entertainment news helps the audience to be aware of recent movie releases, box office success ,reviews, birthdays, deaths, accidents of their favourite celebrities.

ii) Such news are a breath of fresh air for the Pakistanis who are accustomed to the “hard news” of violence, brutality and terrorism in one form or another.

iii) These news are also relating to exhibitions, fairs, designer shop openings etc act as mentally relaxant.

Critical analysis: news is the report of recent events. They have an indelible mark on any society, in its integration and disintegration, cohesion and variation. Every type of news, be it religious, social, political, cultural or any other type has an impact, sometimes short-term and rarely long-term.