View Single Post
Old Friday, November 15, 2013

abidkhan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warraich View Post
Exactly. No security of position and no surity of posting in any city. I have a staff member who is two grades senior than me and has served as manager for 15 years but working under me. Only becuase he couldn't perform good deposit wise in one decemebr closing. Surprisingly, he was toper of region an year before.

You refused to work in cash? I don't want to offend you but if you are not working for what you were hired for, they will never confirm you. You are at very early age of your career. Right now, you can't afford all this direct conflicts. Secondly you are yet to be confirmed. Wise decision would be, either, work in cash and get confirmed and then try this thing by making some good 'relation' with the regional office . Otherwise you are wasting time.
You are working in ABL?

You did very good. Bank job for life time, no way.

Bank job is not bad for females. Better than many other jobs. Good and safe work place. But BDO job is not that easy specially for females. You have to go and visit the customers and market them. Join as MTO. BOK is way better than Khushkhali.

@Waqas
I am manager, and believe me, it's not 'mangerolgy' kind of thing in bank. Actually managers have huge pressure which you can not see and feel. I have been working as manager almost since an year. Before that, I was in general banking and credits. And beleive me, I had exactly same views like yours. I can not tell you how much we managers are insulted on daily (thrice) on phones), in meetings, in emails etc. In morning, deposit figure is asked, expected rise of the day. In noon and before leaving the branch. Now every million counts. If a cheuqe of good amount gets passed in cash, in clearing , a customer buys property or invests soewhere or gets marketed by some other bank, MANAGER is RESPONSIBLE. There isn't any excuse that customer bought property and so he paid this 15 Million and he bought a petrol pump so he gave a cheque of 100 Million..
This pressure is even less. The pressure/ demands/ nakhrey/ phteeks/ anger of customers are way big issue than the bosses for a amanger. You have to resolve their issues of every nature any time in 24 hours. You are responsible for every wrong working of staff.
As for as matter of late sitting is concern, it is also due to the customers. Every day, any customer calls and aks for a cash that is coming in some time or have to make a DD and for that they have to ask the staff.
It is way more difficult for a manager and operation manager than a cashier or general banker. Head cashier job is also not that easy.
Dear brother but one thing I have noticed that in banking sector Branch Manager has no control over Operation Manager although he knows well that OM harrass the subordinates every time (Narrow minded people) a good Manager has the quality of dealing with all employes in good and polite manner whether he is cashier or OM.