View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 03, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road
Arrow DING DONG! for ALL

Assalam Alaikum,

These are some of the words of Wisdom, that were forwarded to some of us from our BELOVED SISTER & MEMBER 35thCommon. I am putting them forward on her request for all of our members.

On personal note, I personally like to applaud all our seniors who did not make it this year in the exam, but to me came out more than victorious with their positive attitude to only encourage themselves and others.

As far as myself goes...I am still in a hospital gettin treatment for CSSphobia.

__________________________________________________ ___________

AoA,
Despite all the efforts of the FPSC,yes,I'm still alive!

Although,i owe an apology for my continuos and unannounced absence!But then we all know what i nasty tumble i had taken.Beyond any doubts,i had lost complete faith in my abilities.Then again,I had'nt even recovered from the first blow when the unofficial disclosure of my performance gave me another rude shock!Apparently,I had taken the fall in English (and by a margin of 2 marks). Hard to stomach isn't it???
This is the second consecutive time the same examiner has chosen to give me the boot and i know that i'm sounding off the fear of many when i say that probably he had an English wife,who ditched him,and now he's seeking vengeance on all those who remind him how difficult (the) English can be!!!

Nevertheless,by the grace of Allah Almighty,I've been able to overcome the agony and have regained since.Infact,I'm preparing to take my 3rd attempt (Inshala-yes,some people never learn),but whether i take it in the upcoming May or that of 2007,is yet to be revealed in the results of my Istekhara.

Other than the whole hearted support that was extended to me during this ordeal,the one reason that has forced me to revitalize my spirits was the nature of emails that haunted my inbox.It seems that the setback that has befalled upon myself,Diplomat,Tabassum,Mohiuddin and Gul e lala,has dampened the spirits of some very promising aspirants.The one thing common in all those emails was the general air that if we haven't made it,than noone else can either.I wish to inform all those thinking on the same lines that to me,such a pessimistic approach towards life sounds even more bizarre than my failure in English!Such dejected mental processes do not befit the future leadership of Pakistan so get a grip over yourselves.And, today,make a vow with me to turn this setback into a gainful experience!

As for all my current batchmates here who took the fall by my side,please do not consider this a death sentence on your abilities;for i have been confided in by some of (the very surprised) officials at the FPSC that most of those candidates who've been failed in 2005,hailed from highly potential backgrounds!Among many others at the CSA,this includes a close batchmate of mine (from 2004) who's being trained for the Foreign Services of Pakistan,and hoped to switch his occupational group/service through this attempt.

Nevertheless,let's allow bygones to be bygones,and look forwrad to a brighter tomorrow.In this regard,i second Longhorn's perceptions when he opines that there's a way of cracking every exam,and CSS is no exception to this factor.The secret lays in teh grading system.And i'm actively trying to gain access to this information.The moment i hit the jack pot i shall let you know.In teh meantime,the aforementioned batchmate of mines has been kind enough to extract information from the trainees of the 33rd Commons,and has filtered back the same to me.I'm accordingly,laying the same at your disposal:

1-I have been instructed to toss all my notes aside and absorb information directly from the books.

2-I have also been cautioned not to waste anytime preparing notes or trying to arrange for substitute material.(I and my friend at the CSA prepared our notes together)

3-Academies should be avoided like the plague until and unless the candidate enjoys a complete command over the subjects,for they tend to follow a certain schedule and programme that maybe in contrast with individual needs.

4-The trainees have also stressed that a precise outline of the entire subject should be prepared,one that can be compressed not in bulky files but in 5-6 pages.It should be enough only to carry the crux of the matter and one that can be revised in a maximum of 2-3 hrs.

5-At the time of teh exam,multiple numbers of Supplement copies must be attached.

6-The outline prepared during the course of study, should formulate relevant headings,however whatever follows need not be.

7-Finally,guidance should only be obtained from fresh candidates.The reasoning they have to offer is ironic,nevertheless,narrated.There is a consensus of opinion among the 33rd Commons that after God,only they're aware of the stunts they pulled off in the paper and yet if they made it then the enlightening experience has left them with a clear insight into the CURRENT examiner's psyche and qualifications!!!

On the ending note,i wish to thank all those who extended their support to me in this moment of trial,specially,Adnan,Faisal (Busharraff),Abdur Rehman (BMDD),Adil,Khushal,Naveed (nhpaki),Sami,Longhorn,Tabassum and the lovely Gul e lala.Had it not been for your moral support in my weak moments,regaining myself would've been an uphill task!!!!THANKYOU!!!!

I would also like to make use of this occassion to thank the two Greek brothers,Argus and Tidus,for putting in their untiring efforts to make this platform a huge success.It seems your hard work has finally paid off guyz!!!

Further,i will request my fellow Moderators to edit the necessary bit of this PM and post it below Busharraff's TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,so that all members can benefit from our interaction.

Last but not the least,the following is an extract from history that for some odd reason has been echoing in my head for the last 48 hrs:

"Every position must be held to the last man:There must be no retirement.With our backs to the wall,and believing in the justice of our cause,each one of us must fight on to the end"!
(Order to the British troops,given by Earl Haig,Commander of the British forces in France,1915-1918)

Courtesy: 35thCommons

Last edited by Amna; Friday, February 15, 2013 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Red font