View Single Post
Old Sunday, December 08, 2013

dazedandconfused is on a distinguished road

@All
When it comes to religion your personal opinions, which you develop just by reading some articles or just having a precursory knowledge of the religion, do not matter at all. It is the duty of aalims, who have spent years learning theories of logic and reasoning, arabic, hadeeth's and the unabridged versions of tafseer, to interpret the reiligion.

@Adeel Khan
Although you made the wrong decision initially but now there is no other way for you to get out of this mess without paying the bank which is your responsibility or working there until you are in a position to pay it off. Do not forget you signed an agreement and upholding of contracts is also very important in our religion. Almost all the aalims are unanimous that working in a bank is haraam but there are differences of opinion when it comes situations such as yours, some say you should get out of the contract (after fulfilling all obligations) as soon as possible they even suggest selling off ones' assets to fulfill their obligations so that one does not remain tied for long. Others say that you should continue working there until a feasible solution, which does not put you under extreme duress, emerges. There are some other minor differences depending on the school of thought you belong to.
All this information is just to set you off in the right direction the proper way to go about it would be to ask a knowledgeable aalim belonging to your school of thought (by aalim I mean aalim not the usual maulvis you find in masjids across the country) and ask him for guidance and follow his instructions.

I hope you gain some solace from my post.

P.s. none of what I have written is my opinion I have just conveyed what I have learned from some very good aalims and professors from my university