View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 26, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,328 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanbahadur View Post
Assalam-o-Alaikum,

My dear forum fellows,
It is requested to all the experts, qualifiers and seniors that what are your views about the selection of this subject and my questions are as;
Well first of all sorry for the late response. Here , i am to answer all of your questions in the light of my experience with this subject in my two attempts of css.
first of all let me give you a brief sketch of this subject. B. H is a very interesting subject , full of knowledge as it is the history of that nation which rules this world for centuries. And the history of this nation actually makes us abreast with the evolution of humanity over the past 4 centuries.

Quote:
1. How much time it will take to have a strong group over it?
Well this subject can be prepared in fifteen days . However, subject requires at least one and half month for a better and convincing preparation. Though it is a very interesting subject but any history subject takes times for its preparation as few things one has to memorize. . .

Quote:
2. How many books are desired to study?
Reading two books which i mention below is considered sufficient for the preparation of this subject. however , few aspirants also take help from a third book by Southgate.

Quote:
3. What are the names of good books?
British history by P. C Thomas ( A very good book which covers paper one very convincingly.
British History by Norman Lowe . This book is particularly consulted for Paper B of British history.
British history by Southgate . This book is used by few aspirants for even better preparation . But irst two usually are felt sufficient.

Quote:
4. What is the negative point of this subject?
Well I personally feel that there are no negative things about this subject. However , one can say that this subject is not that much scoring as is Islamic history. Secondly , few people do not have aptitude for history subjects , they should abstain from opting it.

Quote:
5. What is the positive point of this subject?
First of all it is a stable subject in terms of scores. If it does not give 150 , it wont restrict you under 100 either. With a better preparation , having good aptitude of history , one can cross 150 in it. However , if one does not catch the moon of 150 marks , at least one fells in the stars of 120-130 marks. But it depends on one's preparation and aptitude.
another good thing about this subject is that its MCQs keep on getting repeated . therefore , if one prepares mcqs from past ten years papers , one is in quite better position to cross 30/40 in MCQs portion. Here on this prestigious forum I have solved the mcqs of tha past papers of this subject since 2000. Here i provide the link for that thread . They can be of good help in this regard.
British history Past papers MCQs
Another good thing about this subject is that it is very interesting and full of knowledge . This particular aspect keeps one's interest in this subject intact and one does not get bored while studying. This is a very important thing about it. Unless a subject catches the attention , it gets tough to spend time with that.

Quote:
6. Is there any need of tuition for this subject?
the answer to this question is an emphatic NO.
You do not need to consult teacher for tuition at all. Yes seeking the guidance of some senior would prove helpful.

Quote:
7. To whom should I give test, name of the good teacher in Lahore?
No Idea.

Quote:
8. What is expected scoring trend for CE-2015?
Though CSS is most uncertain and unpredictable exam and nothing could be guessed about it , yet keeping in view its past record, one can say that It is most likely to remain stable subject and wont at least ditch the aspirants if not gave very high scores .
Quote:
9. How to take start?
First of all go through the whole of the syllabus . i mean take a full reading of this subject and grasp a good idea about the content and subject matter of this subject . not only you would be familiar with the subject but also you would be able to check your aptitude for this subject . After that see past years papers and restart studying this subject keeping in view the aspects most discussed in past papers and prepare it with your special focus on the demands of the examiner. give more attention to the things asked frequently in the past papers . The paper A you would find like a sweet Candy. Paper B demands some more atttention.

Quote:
I'll be very thankful to you people. Waiting for your worthy response.
Regards!
I hope I have answered to all of the questions .
stay blessed
Naveed_Bhuutto (Thursday, December 26, 2013), saadqureshi (Friday, December 27, 2013), Sabaerum (Saturday, December 28, 2013), Taimoor Gondal (Wednesday, January 01, 2014)