View Single Post
Old Sunday, December 29, 2013

Faisalsoomro is on a distinguished road
Default OMG-A misunderstood Group.

I am a civil Servant from OMG. I dont want to Disclose my identity but for the sake of truth i am here. I swear by ALLAH whatever i will post here will be based on 100% truth.

To start with , I am proud to be an officer from OMG and much satisfied with this group. When i was allocated into OMG, i didn't have any know-how about this. I read certain posts here relating to OMG and felt discouraged that i have landed in such a group that is not so good. But this was not so. Even in CSA , the image of OMG was not good. But as i joined STI and Federal Secretariat, I got very happy and satisfied coz sometime something proves to be blessing in disguise and this exactly happened in my case.

OMG is a better service. OMG ends after 18 Grade, and then Secretariat Group starts. It is one of components of All Pakistan unified grades. What is All Pakistan Unified Grades (APUG):

1.DMG 2.PSP.3.Secretariat Group composes APUG. Officers of APUG can be posted anywhere in Pakistan and enjoy a good scope.

Secretariat Group: All OMG officers go into Secretariat Group and then there is quota for other occupational Groups like Custom, Audit and accounts postal , IRS, etc. hardly other officers can go into it and there is limited quota. Going into Secretariat Group is dream of every civil servant. OMG officers are lucky that they all go into it.
Even DMG officers join Secretariat group in 19 and above. there is no post of BPS 22 in DMG, after reaching 21 all DMG officers have to join it.

Y there is quota for other groups in Secretariat Group??? it is because Secretariat group is the Largest group in terms of strength and posts.
example: all Deputy secretaries, Joint secretaries, Addl secretaries and Secretaries of federal secretariat, PM secretariat national assembly etc and higher officers of all federal Dept are from This group.

In 17 and 18 BPS, OMG officers are exposed to high environment. A lot of foreign tours, etc. OMG officers can be posted in all federal Ministries. This is not deputation but a direct posting. No dept has such a diversified culture.

Moreover ,there is diverse areas for Section Officers: example: S.O admin, S.O General., S.O in different section with variable tasks..Besides, OMG officers can be PSO to Minister, Secretaries.These are not Deputations but direct postings.

Salary and house rent allowance , conveyance and other allowance are same as for Audit and accounts , Postal, MLCG, Foreign service, etc This is so because Federal Service rules apply to all officer in likewise manner.
DMG and PSP officers get Houses and vehicles coz they perform field jobs. They don't get House and car allowances.
I dont have official house at Islamabad but i get higher salary than a DMG friend. House for DMG and PSP in islamabd is difficult too. Even 19 grade PSP officers lives in small houses or no house and so is the case with DMG officers..It is not so that you are DMG officer or PSP officer and a beautiful house is given to u.
My friend from PSP had posting in Islamabad and was no accommodation ...he compelldly lived in National Police academy in one room.
A DMG friend had one-room accommodation in islamabad. Is this accommodation you die for.?.Aiysee accomodation aapko hi Naseeb ho. ;-)

Being an OMG officer you can live in Federal Lodges if u have good source or if u are without any political or bureaucratic source u hire a room..Solved.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faisalsoomro For This Useful Post:
pureapak (Sunday, December 29, 2013), RMKamran (Wednesday, January 01, 2014), silza (Wednesday, January 01, 2014), SuperNova (Saturday, March 21, 2015)