View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Noman has a spectacular aura aboutNoman has a spectacular aura about
Default CSP and Not-CSP Civil Service Officers - The Difference

@ Respected Seniors, CSPs and Officers Civil Service

I have an important query in my mind about the difference of a civil service officer in grade 17 who comes via CSS as CSP and one who comes to civil service via some other exam or interview etc.

I'm posting the case of a Not-CSP officer (who's my first uncle as well); kindly put some light on my query in this context.

My uncle joined civil service in 1994 as Assistant Director (Information) bps-17 govt. of Punjab in Bahawalpur[he was M.A. Mass Communication+M.A. History]; from the very first year of his service he had a govt vehicle and house (in officers colony Bwp).
In 1998, he was transferred to Multan as Assistan Director (P.I.D.); the very next year in 1999 he was sent abroad officialy to U.S.A. for 1 year from where he did a Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication.
ON his return in 2000 he was promoted to Deputy Director(D.D.) bps-18 but amazingly was posted as D.D. (Wild Life) in Bahawalpur Zoo for a year till 2001.
And then he become DD culture & turisom in Bwp. and was assigned the various task of Arts Council Bahawalpur.
After 2 year at this post he was promoted to Director bps-19 under punjab govt in 2003 and was posted in Bahawalpur Museum.
Now he is Director (Bwp Museum) and have two official vehicles wd petrol, a honda city & suzuki potohar jeep (1 for personal use & other for office); and the official bunglow of an acre almost within museum premises wd almost 8 private servants (2 drivers, 2 guard[each works in morning night shifts], a sweeper, gardener, and pion); + almost 100-150 human resource he is heading, working in the Museum. An air conditioned office he holds wd office phone for use nationaly or for international calls & local free for home phone.
Not only this, almost at least once a year he got invitations from art galleries, museums etc. from overseas via the concerned ministry in Pk & enjoys his foreign trip on state expenses.

And despite of his service; he's also doing PhD(research) in evening in History & Museology; and according to my uncle he'll get MP(Management Payscale) instead of bps after completing his PhD.

He neither hv done PCS nor CSS ! & holds a masters degree each in History & Mass Com(PAK) wd a PGD from USA(via official channel).

Now my query in this regard is that what possible difference lies in a CSP officer and a Not-CSP civil servant with respect to facilities, priviledges & diversity of work. Kindly put some light on it.

Regards,
yours respectfully & truly,
Noman !
The Following User Says Thank You to Noman For This Useful Post:
Hira Butt (Friday, October 05, 2007)