View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 25, 2014
42nd CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 73

Seemab will become famous soon enoughSeemab will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminshah101 View Post
Assalam o Alaikum.

Dear seniors and my fellows out here,

I need to know that if allocated in OMG how can one survive in Islamabad under a meager salary? As far as I have inferred from what people have said, OMG officers do not get an official vehicle as well as home during Grades 17 and 18 . Even in Grade 19, there is little bit of chance about car.

About home, I have heard even Grade 20 officers are rarely given an official accommodation.

If I am not wrong, the monthly gross pay of a fresh Grade 17 officer, as of now, is Rs. 36,514/- and the monthly net pay after deductions is Rs. 33,369/-.

If one has to rent a house in Islamabad, the minimum rent would be Rs. 20,000/-.

Then how can one survive in the costly city of Islamabad with remaining 13,000 odd rupees?

I have also been told by my colleagues in my current organization that an option of hiring is also available which, according to them, means I surrender my house rent of Rs. 4,433/-, rent a house and the Government of Pakistan will pay Rs. 12,000/- per month to the landlord . Is it true or a false illusion?? If true, who can apply for this option and how??

I know serving the country is a priority but one needs to get real as well. One can perform well only when he is personally at peace.

Plus, also throw some light upon the staff working under a Section Officer and the authority of SO over them.

I need your valuable input on the issue. Thank you .
My elder brother is working for FIA for past 10 years, and has served most of this time in HQs. Still, he has never ever hired a house in Islamabad. He has always lived in pindi, at places near the Isd Highway.

To meet his family's needs, he took financial assistance from my father and invested in a joint venture. His wife is helping him by exporting ready-made dresses abroad.

In short, it's hard work joined together with team-work.

Allah ka naam lijie, niyyat ki islaah ka ehtamaam kijie, and leave the rest to HIM. He'll take good care of you in sha Allah.