View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Shehla malik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjha M S View Post
Lets decconstruct the phrase a bit and it will be easy to explain. First thing first, this topic strictly pertains to foreign policy (FP), requiring at least a generic knowledge of FP in first place. "Look East policy" was in fact an Indian Foreign policy initiative vis-a-vis China taken in early 1990s. By looking East, Indian FP formulators intended to forge closer politico-economic relations with South East Asian nations i.e. ASEAN states in order to countepoise Chinese inflence in the region and also initiate Indian drive for a regional power to counterweight China. Since Pakistan's FP has been havily tilted towards Westard, therefore, objective of the topic was to explore the prospect of diversifying Pakista FP by establishing closer ties with Eastern or far eastern states.
2nd half of the topic asked for "Holistic progress" meaning a progress that include cooperation in the fields of strategic, plitical, economic, cultural and education, not a lopsided military cooperation that we have had since inception with the West.
Absolutely right.

I also tried to infer the statement this way, therefore I thought necessary to describe Pakistan's Foreign Policy relation in past context and future prospects.