View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 26, 2014
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer View Post
Brother don't you think it is discouraging! I just want to say "Afsoos"..

You have mentioned many things, afsoos is lie ke, it would be difficult for me and my friends to opt it if it is that much lengthier as you mentioned.... By the way, had you attempted it in CSS14. If yes, then please share your experience with us. Thanks.
Yes brother, I am sorry to say that it is really that lengthy as I have told you. This breakup just encompasses the main Philosophies and each Philosophy is a whole world in itself. It may be discouraging but we must be realistic, we must opt our optional subjects judiciously because these can make or destroy our destiny. It would be sad if you qualify the written but because of wrong subject selection you miss the allocation.

You can prepare any other good subject in short time and less effort. We must opt a subject that at least we can comprehend properly. In these days, CSS has become very unpredictable, it always has been but after 2012 it has really become so fickle. Nowadays every subject is scoring, see Punjabi disappointed many and so did Arabic, Sociology and Journalism are no exception. I have learnt one thing from my experience of competitive exams, If you have opted a subject that you have absorbed and comprehended, you can score really good in any subject. Its all about grip you have on that subject.

As far as my experience is concerned, it has been really good. Philosophy I has been good but Philosophy II has been just fine, I was able to handle it but it was not conventional. I have studied Philosophy as pleasure reading for more than three years prior to opting it in CSS. Besides that, I had studied Philosophy in PMS and there is no Logic, only Philosophies we study and I scored 130. So I had background. I would suggest you to take your time and opt it after thorough consideration. You must opt objective subjects like Psychology or subjects that you can comprehend like Islamic History, Indo pak History etc.

Regards,