View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Wah boy is on a distinguished road
Default F.A.O Nida Moosa

Salam Sister,

I agree with you the genrals u have mentioned in ur post were all accused of that incident by hamood-ur-rehman report and nothing has done against them. There were also few high profile officals not found gulity by that commsion. So the whole incident cannot be blame solely on Pakistan Army either.

Just to clarify my slef i am not just blaming all on to Gen Niaz i just felt very bad about surrendering the army while he was the commander of the Army.
If you look at that issue more openly or if u read the authors from both side what you ll find that there are number of people and thinkers those who blam Z.A Bhutto for all this incident.

Now that does make sense to an extent as some slogans have been attached to him which he did or did not say.
(still no proof if he did or did not say as some authors said in their books that he did and some said he didnt).

There is another set of people those who say that Hamood-ur-rehman comission was assigned to pionalise army officals so the attention can be diverted from politicians i.e Z.A Bhutto(As he assigned the comission).

A question i am trying to answer since i have read books on that incident is if the Bhutto was that bothered to find the root of that problem and setting up the commsion why didnt he punish the peple found gulity?

Whenever there is such incident there are people to be blamed and we cant just blame it all on Gen Niazi but he was definately one of the major player.

Whole of this didnt happen in a week, it takes ages and a lot of strategy to do a such a brutal act. So basicaly it all started way back from 1971.

I hope i have cleared my self.