Thread: Psychology FAQ
View Single Post
Old Friday, June 06, 2014
42nd CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 28

shoaib khan12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by husseych View Post
It is requested to seniors to shed some light on these issues.
I am aspirant of CE2016 and I am thinking to replace any of the two among Sociology,Journalism and Statistics with Psychology.
I have no formal background in any of these subjects But I have interest in all these 4 subjects . Sociology and Journalism are very theoretical and analytical papers and marking of such papers are mostly subjective, statistics require a lot of practice but on the other hand psychology is scientific paper and I guess one can easily score good marks if his or her concepts are clear.

Please tell me about psychology, does it has huge syllabus and what is the minimum duration of time to cover it for someone like me with no background . and is it true that one can score 140+ with good concepts (I read few chapters on B.A psychology and it was very easy for me to grasp concepts ) .
replace journalism and stat with Psychology , reason is that sociology an dpsychology both are interlinked , upto 90 % sociology one can cover in psychology
one can quote sociology into psychology and psychology into sociology
if you go for sociology you dont have to study much
what i ve understood from the latest trend of sociology papers examiners are asking questions from the sociol psychology

if you study both these subjects you will make your answers more and more creative
for me its the best combination
but you will only come across the worth of this combination if you study some foreign author book
witho out that book you are zero
the main thing also the focus of examiner is on the applied form which can only be learnt by the foreign author
local publishers and authors will let you down like nothing
i had this combination and it paid me alot
i went with psycholgy in 2013 attempt and i scored 141 .
go for these subjects witout any hesitation
a little bit systematic and technical studies are required
rest you can ask
The Following User Says Thank You to shoaib khan12 For This Useful Post:
Sajjad Magsi (Monday, June 09, 2014)