View Single Post
Old Friday, November 16, 2007
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007

yawar nawaz is on a distinguished road
Default method to study US history

hi! i'v passed written in 2007. i opted US history n started it in December (papers were in march). dont know how much i wud have scored in this subject but want to share how i prepared this in very short time.

1) First of all u should have a clear picture of the area/region in ur mind when u study history. for this purpose keep an atlas with u for first few days in order to get an idea of the places where important events took place.

2) In addition to whichever book/text u study, always study critically.

3) Many things are inter related as one incident may lead to another. so always b aware of linkages and make connections. this helps u in studying 'causes' or 'aftermath' of various incidents.

4) once u r through the text, go for objectives of past 10 years n solve them all. objective type portion plays a very important role in exam.

5) in addition to the book that u study plz get Microsoft Encarta installed on ur PC. its an encyclopedia with enough info on US history. Im not suggesting any book cz i studied only one by Maujamdar and read articles at Encarta.

6) Encarta is also very helpful in getting ur objective solved.

Hope these tips wud benefit u.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to yawar nawaz For This Useful Post:
atif jamil (Tuesday, July 21, 2009)