View Single Post
Old Friday, August 29, 2014
42nd CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 75

Syeda Bukhari is a jewel in the roughSyeda Bukhari is a jewel in the roughSyeda Bukhari is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saamboy View Post
I have no background of Forestry, all I know abt plants is what I studied back in high school. Then I switched to medicine. Is it wise for me to take forestry?
You can opt but being a medical student you do have many other options too and for selecting any subject go through its course outlines and past papers and then make the final decision.

Wish you luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliinaa View Post
I went through forestry's syllabus and I thought it was pretty reasonable. But when I went through its pastpapers, I felt I was going to have a heart attack :p. They were quite scary. So I want to ask:

1.A person who doesn't have much knowledge about Pakistan's forests or forestry in that matter, will be able to cope with this subject? If yes, then can you suggest some of the best books, please?
You may consult "Basics of Forestry and Allied Sciences" by "Masood A. A. Qureshi" Vol.I and Vol.II plus read the articles related to forestry in newspapers and/or on internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliinaa View Post
2. What are the maximum marks that one can get in this subject? What has been the past trend?
Forestry is quite scoring subject, there are many who scored above 80.

Wish you luck!
Aliinaa (Friday, August 29, 2014)