View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Post solved objectives of Indo-Pak P-I&II 1987

INDO-PAK HISTORY PAPER-I (1987)

(Solved Objectives/Mcq’s)

Who is who/what is what? (Each part of this question is to be answered in not more than ten words).

i. Faqir Ullah Saif Khan:
Ans. A Governor of Aurangzeb who served in Bihar and wrote a book on music.

ii. Tarikh-e-Mubarak Shahi:
Ans. A book of history on Syed Dynasty written by “Yahya Sirhindi”.

iii. Uch:
Ans. A place near Bahawalpur district. It is the burial place of Makhdoom Jehanian.

iv. Tabaqat-e-Akbari:
Ans. It was the name of history written by ‘Nizam-ud-Din’ in 1593. It contains detailed account of Ghaznavids to the 36th year of Akbar’s reign.

v. Buland Darwaza:
Ans. It was built by Akbar the Great at Fatehpur Sikri to commemorate his conquest of Gujrat.

vi. Baz Bahadur:
Ans. He was the King of Malwa till he was deposed by Akbar. He was a renowned musician.

vii. Fatuhat-e-Firuz Shahi:
Ans. It is the autobiography of Firuz Shah Taghluq.

viii. Sadr-us-Sudur:
Ans. It was an Officer of Mughal administration. He served as a liaison officer between the Emperor and the people.

ix. Shiqdar:
Ans. A revenue officer who managed the revenue division called Shiq.

x. Fatawa-e-Jehandari:
Ans. This was ‘Zia-ud-Din Barani’s’ book on state craft.

xi. Shams Siraf Afif:
Ans. Author of ‘Tarikh-e-Firuz Shahi”.

xii. Fuwaid-ul-Faud:
Ans. This was written by Zia-ud-Din Barani.

xiii. Amiri Tarab:
Ans. This is entertainment tax levied before the period of Firuz Shah Taghluq.

xiv. Sheikh Jamali:
Ans. He was the author of ‘Siyar-ul-Arifin’ and was also the tutor of Sikandar Lodi.

xv. Vakil-e-Dar:
Ans. An officer under the Mughal Sultanate administration. He was incharge of King’s household.

xvi. Mirza Haider Dughlat:

Ans. He was a cousin of Babur and author of ‘Tarikh-e-Rashidi’.

xvii. Nadir-ul-Asr Mansur:
Ans. The title was conferred by Mughal Emperor Jahangir upon his Court Painter Mansoor.

xviii. DIU:
Ans. It is a small Island of coast of Gujrat. It remained in Portuguese possession. Baha-ud-Din shah of Gujrat took refuge in this Island.

xix. Muhammad Masum Nami:
Ans. A Governor of Qandhar. He lies buried at Sukkur. He wrote “Tarikh-e-Sinkh”

xx. Makhdum-e-Jehanian:

Ans. A renowned Sufi of Firuz Taghluq period. His original name was Sheikh Jalal-ud-Din Bukhari

INDO-PAK HISTORY PAPER-II (1987)

(Solved Objectives/Mcq’s)

(a). Fill in the blanks.

i. Pakistan Resolution was passed on…….at…….
Ans. 23rd March 1940 at Lahore.

ii. Second Round Table Conference was held in…….in…….
Ans. September 1931 in London.

iii. Zakat at the rate of……..percent was introduced in Pakistan in the year…….
Ans. 2.5, 1980.

iv. Objectives Resolutions was passed in 1940 by the session held at…….
Ans. Karachi.

(b). Answer the following questions in Yes or No.

i. War of Independence 1857 was fought between Aurangzeb and Marhattas.
Ans. No.

ii. Lucknow Pact (1916) denied separate representation of Muslims in Provincial Legislatures.
Ans. No.

iii. Shah Waliullah started the Khilafat Movement.
Ans. No.

iv. First Constitution of Pakistan was passed in 1948.
Ans. No.

(c). Fill in the blanks.

i. Muslim League was founded in……..under the leadership of……..
Ans. 1906, Nawab Saleemullah Khan.

ii. Iqbal was born in……..and died in………
Ans. 1877, 1938.

iii. Allama Iqbal was elected as a member of Punjab Legislative Assembly in…….and chosen President of Muslim League in……..
Ans. 1926, 1930.

iv. Iqbal’s early poems were composed mainly in ……..and published in the year…….
Ans. Bang-e-Dara, 1924.

(d). Complete the following statements with the help of choice given in brackets:

i. Mr.………announced the Partition of India into two independent states on 3rd June 1947. (Mountbattan, Cripps, Simon).
Ans. Mountbattan.

ii. British Cabinet Minister Mr. Cripps came to India in…….. (June 1947, March 1942, February 1946).
Ans. June 1947.

iii. Simla Conference was held in the year……. (April 1944, March 1940, June 1945).
Ans. June 1945.

iv. The Cabinet Mission Scheme was Place before Quaid-e-Azam in…….. (November 1945, March 1947, April 1946).
Ans. April 1946.

(e). Answer the following questions in Yes or No.

i. Diarchy was introduced in the government of Indian Act 1919.
Ans. Yes.

ii. Jinnah’s famous Fourteen Points were formulated in March 1929.
Ans. Yes.

iii. Gandhi-Irwin Pact was signed in April 1930.
Ans. No.

iv. The British Communal Award was announced in September 1933.
Ans. No.
Chauhdary12 (Tuesday, November 03, 2009), Darya.Khan (Tuesday, April 06, 2010), inayatali (Thursday, November 04, 2010), khan Shaheer (Sunday, April 22, 2012), Shazia Rana (Thursday, February 24, 2011), Waseemtabish (Thursday, September 08, 2011)