View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Post solved objectives of Indo-Pak P-I&II 1990

INDO-PAK HISTORY PAPER-I (1990)

(Solved Objectives/Mcq’s)

Who is who/what is what? (Each part of this question is to be answered in not more than ten words).

i. The Mansabdars.
Ans. They were different rank holders in Mughal Administration. There were 66 grades of Mansabdars but in actual there were grades ranging from commanders of 10 to commanders of 10,000.

ii. Tozak-e-Jahangiri.
Ans. It is the autobiography of Jahangir.

iii. Mewar.
Ans. Hindu state of Rajputana that was ruled by Rajputs. At the time of Babur’s invasion of Indo-Pakistan it was ruled by Rana Sanga.

iv. Malik Ayaz.
Ans. Ayaz was favorite slave of Kind Mahmud of Ghazni.

v. H. Fakhr-ud-Din-Zanjani.
Ans. He was renowned saint of his time.

vi. Khandesh.
Ans. This was the name of a small Kingdom during Sultanate Period.

vii. Sabuktgin.
Ans. He was the ruler of Ghazni. He ruled Ghazni from 977 to 997.

viii. Abu-ul-Fateh Daud.
Ans. He was ruler of Bengal and Bihar at Akbar’s time. He declared his independence and later on surrendered.

ix. Bakhriar Khilji.
Ans. He was celebrated slave of Muhammad Ghouri. He conquered Bengal.

x. Terain.
Ans. Terain is located 14 miles away from Thanesar. It is now called Tarqwari. It is famous for the Battles of Tarain.

xi. Malik Kafur.
Ans. A great general of Ala-ud-Din Khilji who conquered Deccan.

xii. Ibn-e-Batuta.
Ans. He was a famous African traveler who stayed in the court of Muhammad bin Taghluq for several years. He traveled over the quarter part of the then world from China to India.

xiii. Kanwaha.
Ans. It is the historical place in North India where Babur defeated the Rajputs in 1527. At this historical place, Babur broke his wine vessels.

xiv. Sarus Sadur.
Ans. Guardian of Islamic Law and Spokesman of Ulema.

xv. Qutbat-ul-Islam Mosque.
Ans. It was built by Qutb-ud-Din Aibak near Qutb Minar at Delhi.

xvi. Francis Bernier.
Ans. He was a European traveler who visited Indian during Shahjehan’s Period.

xvii. Muntakhbat Tawarikh.
Ans. It is detailed account of akbar’s period by Abdul Qadir Badyuni.

xviii. Khan-e-Saman.
Ans. He was incharge Emperor’s department of manufacturers and goods for military and democratic purpose.

xix. H. Kh. Baqi Billah Bairang.
Ans. He was renowned saint of Naqshbandia order and was the spiritual guide of Hazrat Majadded Alf Sani.

xx. Kitab-ul-Hind.
Ans. It was written by Al-Bairuni. This is an authentic source about Indian culture and social life.

INDO-PAK HISTORY PAPER-II (1990)

(Solved Objectives/Mcq’s)

1. Complete the following sentences.

a. The ‘Objectives Resolution’ was passed at………by the Constituent Assembly in……..
Ans. Karachi, 1949.

b. The “One Unit” bill was accepted by the Parliament on ………when………was Prime Minister of Pakistan.
Ans. 19th October 1955, M. Ali Bogra.

c. The Indian National Congress was founded by………in………
Ans. A. O. Hume, 1885.

d. The day of deliverance was observed by………in………
Ans. Muslims, 1939.

e. The Pakistan Resolution was passed at………on………
Ans. Lahore, 23rd March 1940.

f. Allama Iqbal was elected as the member of Punjab Legislative Assembly in………and became President of Muslim League in………
Ans. 1926, 1930.

g. Mr. ………announced the partition of India into two independent states on………
Ans. Mountbattan, 3rd June 1947.

h. The Battle of Plassey was fought in………between……….
Ans. 1757, Clive and Nawab Siraj-ud-Daula.

i. Muslim League was founded in……..and its first President was………
Ans. 1906, Sir Agha Khan.

j. Second Round Table Conference was held in the year………in………
Ans. 1931, London.
Chauhdary12 (Tuesday, November 03, 2009), Darya.Khan (Tuesday, April 06, 2010), hanna (Sunday, June 29, 2008), khan Shaheer (Sunday, April 22, 2012), Shazia Rana (Thursday, February 24, 2011)