View Single Post
Old Monday, November 17, 2014

abidturk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by king khan jadoon View Post
Salam to all fellow members.
I appeared on 11th of this month before the panel for viva-voce.
We were 10 members which were called on that day and ordained us to wait for our turns in a waiting room (more like a conference room), tea was also provided on sarkar's expenditure.
My turn was at number 3 and most of the members are in formal dressing.My interview lasted for well 35 minutes and it was a blend of English+Urdu mode of communication.
Their were 6 members headed by Chairmen (mostly 5 m,embers panel including chairmen,.Pta nai meri dafa Sixth member kahan sy aa gaye :O) You have to sit on a single seated sofa which is placed in between U-shape panel sitting.
Chairmen was the gentle and polite person in terms of his behaviour, as well as he assists in a better and friendly way to ease the pressure.
He greets the members on entrance with solid and firm handshake as well as farewell handshake.
He is the first person to throw questions at you and his questions are mostly of basic nature like introduction, academics,job nature, enquiring optionals, masters/bachelors degree and role in family,hobbies etc etc.
Hobby other than cricket? I said my hobby is cooking and he was delighted to hear this and then asked specialities of my cooking and enquired that weather I made for others?upon which I said that primarily for myself as it is evident form my well and healthy physique.
Then it comes the turn of Respected Molvi sahib, who is really obsessed with Islam and perhaps he want you to be conformist and sacha pakka muslman.
No liberal thoughts would do the job done for you before him, so its better to be orthodox.
Moreover his questions were of very basics of Islamiyat. Recite the translation of surah E fatiah, Shan e nazool, meaning of fatiha, surah e kafiron?? Moreover for those who opted Islamic History focus on muslims in spain, Ummayad Abbasid's Ottomans caliphates,tenure success and failures etc.
Bottom line is that prepare Islamiat well.
aforementioned members are mostly active and then it would be the turn of other members.
But what I have seen is that they are mostly assertive and couple of members are acerbic and we never expected that they would also give their views on issues.Moreover a few professors were also included in panel who are fond of rote learning and technical questions are rare.
Coming back to questions asked to me which I can recall at the moment.(keep in mind the optionals and my optionals were Islamic history,Geography,Journalism,Sociology:
Islamic history and Islamiat:
Ottoman caliphate??
originator??
lasted till??
famous ruler?? I named Sulman,
why and how?
Muslims in spain?
reasons for arriving?
Who shared the laurels of victory in Spain?
when?
Renaissance of Europe?
through what means?
Prophet's (pbuh) purpose??
Ikhlaqiat aur islam ka rishta??
maintain a relationship between muslim conquests in Spain and subcontinent?
Reasons for downfall?
Geography:
Pakistan economic significance owing to its geographical significant position?
Hazara Division name origin?
When did Major james Abbott came in Hazara?
when he went?
Altitude of Abbottabad?
Highest peak in Abbottabad? Meera jani ki jagah Tirch mir bta di
Khojak pass?
Muzthagh pass?
Thar desert?
Coal reserves?
C.A:
KP budget? Federal budget bta dia.
Thar situation? who is responsible?
Saarc?
section 188, 199, suo-moto (perhaps the member, who asked these questions had background of Constitutional law) upon which I told him that I don't have any such subject, so please revisit your questions,Upon which he asked about suo-moto.
At last after hectic 35 minutes Chairmen took the position and asked me the last question "Khawar khan,beta jaldi jaldi btao,quickly, k aap ko agr Ac lga dia jaye to aap konsy aisy kaam kro gy k log aap ko wahan sy jany k baad yaad rakhain k waqai koi kHAWAR KHAN naam ka banda aya tha.
And then he summed up the interview process with thanks and stood again from his seat for farewell shake hand and then I left the room with thanks.
(ps:I left 3 questions by saying sorry)
Last but not least: Prepare well your optionals, Highest/latest degree, national and international issues,About your city ,job related info.But please make sure these all are my views and questions asked to me,It may be varied from person to person.
All the best to aspirants and wishing you luck.
Regards
Bundle of thanks.Brother Best of Luck.Stay blessed.
king khan jadoon (Tuesday, November 18, 2014), The Manager (Monday, November 24, 2014)