View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 29, 2007

kj25pk is on a distinguished road

I am a Postal Group Officer posted in Postal Staff College where we conduct the Specialized Training Program for Postal Group Probationary officers. Presently duration this STP is 40 weeks. The break up is as under:

1. Basic Orientation to functions of Pakistan Post 1 Week
2. Computer Training 4 Weeks
3. Postal Management Course- Phase I 8 Weeks
4. Postal Management Course- Phase I 10 Weeks
5. Field Attachments / Independent Charge 15 Weeks
6. Research paper presentations 1 Week
7. STP Examination 1

As far as the prospects in this group are concerned, there are several good things about it. For the time being I just explain important postings in B-17. After completion of training the Postal Group officers are posted as either Divisional Superintendet of Post Services or Chief Postmaster of a big General Post Office. As DSPS, the officer is the administrator of all the post offices (Except GPOs in B-17 and 18) in a Postal Division. Being Chief Postmaster, the officer is the head of a large GPO. These field officers invariably get designated accommodations, official vehicle, office and residence telephones, orderly etc.
G-8/4,
Islamabad

Last edited by Leonidas; Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 11:08 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kj25pk For This Useful Post:
H. R. Akhunzada (Thursday, July 07, 2011), Hassan Hote (Tuesday, January 01, 2008), Hira Butt (Sunday, December 30, 2007), knight (Tuesday, March 25, 2008)