View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 16, 2014
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PMS -  Merti 5

kal3m will become famous soon enoughkal3m will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aik Admi View Post
Dear kal3m,

JazakAllah.

I am just wondering what about all the other texts mentioned in the 'Poetry' syllabus (besides Muallaqat of Imraul Qais and Zohair):

3. Hassan Bin Thabit...
4. Labeed...
5. Taufiq Al Hakim Dramas
6. Dr Rana MN Ehsan Elahi
7. Dr Jalal al Khayyat
8. Dr Taha Hussain
9. Isa an Na'uri
10. George Saidah
11. Dr De Boer

These texts are not written in the Suggested Readings. They are mentiond in the Main syllabus. I don't know how to make sense out of it. Could you (or anyone) please guide me as to whether:

a) I need to go through these texts, especially the Arabic ones, to score well?

b) Which texts will be enough for knowing the whole paper well (supposing there were no choice)?

c) Can the Translation part in paper II come from any text or there are a few specific texts which I can prepare for translation? If there are, which ones will ensure that I would be able to attempt both translation questions?

I'd be grateful for the help!
no you have to prepare the poetry section with its translation in english. You can get poetry of Hassan and Labid in a book published by azad book depot, authors are dr. khaliq dad malik. though english translation is substandard. Secondly, you will get the drama work of taufeeq in it. Prepare Taha hussain from anywhere, you just have to prepare his contributions and literary works. And rest topics are books, which i never prepared. Though I do have dr de boer's book in soft form....

Moreover see past papers for better understanding. And in 2014 they gave poetry randomly... Most of it is not even in our syllabus of poetry.. So better focus upon the rest of the part of paper to score well without any risk...

Last edited by Amna; Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 02:35 AM. Reason: merged/chain posts
The Following User Says Thank You to kal3m For This Useful Post:
Aik Admi (Wednesday, December 17, 2014)