View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 13, 2015

RoadBlock is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Let's say that is a very funny question (because mods always have a problem if I use the word stupid). Anyway it's like asking I want to go to Peshawar from Lahore, how can I reach there while traveling towards Karachi.

In STP for PSP,they teach Law and Law and then afterward some more Law. There is a one month physical training of PSPs conducted by army, but that is just one month. You can not expect to be a commando after that. Like that's even less than the duration Hollywood stars train before an average action movie.

If you want SSG go for army, if you want to be in operations try joining ATF which is called for when operations are to be conducted by police. Joining PSP for SSG training would be misled, to the least.

Army do not train civilians in SSG training facility, courses are being conducted by army for civil law enforcement agencies but they are for members of different forces who work at operations level not the PSPs and those courses can not be compared to SSG training in any sense.

Even if hypothetically you get SSG training while being in police still you are not to be called for sensitive operations. How may members of police force took part in Peshawar attack aftermath operation. They were allowed to enter the premises only after army was done processing the scene and collecting evidence i.e. the next day.

Forget the Peshwara attack as it was in cantonment, when ever there is a sensitive operation army takes over and they do not involve civilian forces. Like the Khi airport attack- at most police get a gate keeper role. Even after the attack on police training facility in Lahore many many years ago, army cleared the area not police.

It is not that police do not ever conduct raids but the nature is different. SSG is trained for highly sensitive operations that usually involve hostage situations. But when they are called they are the boss, they take the charge.

ATF is a positive step in this direction and let's hope the capacity of civil law enforcement will considerably improve in future but still ATF is not PSP, they work at operational level and their training is still no where near to SSG.

As for now police is trained for what they did in blue area stand off- the infamous Sikandar saga, you stand there and watch unless until the worst possible scenario unfolds.

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

I can only hope that in the long run police training attains the mark that it is supposed to achieve. No wonder it is true that without proper weapons and combat training (especially for the low level prominent positions like ASI, SI, SHO etc.), police force is no different than other civilian bodies.