View Single Post
Old Friday, January 25, 2008

Versatile is an unknown quantity at this point

@Tabassum Shabir:- First of all, i want to thank you for your critical analysis. specially,about the use of active verbs. There is one thing on which i would like u to enlighten my understanding:
-what is wrong with example of hen? i think, it is one of the best aesop fables, in which P\Pc i.e productivity and proper care of productivity can be elaborated. frankly speaking i dont have a better starting point than this. As far as the skill goes,to initiate discussion of essay with relevant story is one of the effective tools to absorb reader.

2. In reshufled paragraph, active verb ''greed'' is more appropriate than 'if one were..' in second sentence it brings out its meaning where you say, ''Unfortunately such an idea yields no profit but sorrow and grief for ever.'' it however looses appeal with this sentence,"It is for this reason that instead of killing the hen in one go..." I think this sentence makes it boring because we have already mentioned that hen is slaughtered,although it maintains flow of the passage at the cost of arousing intrest.
Secondly, bro please make me clear on grammatical use of last sentence in your reshuffled paragraph where u write , ''Proper feed, compoftable place, healthy environment and good habitat is necessary to ensure continuity of ‘golden eggs." I think grammatically correct sentence would be: Proper feed, compoftable place, healthy environment and good habitat are necessary to ensure continuity of ‘golden eggs.

Bro, I checked in oxford learners, and American heritage dictionary. The word '' greed'' has no verb !

@superbguy:- Bro, thanks for encouragment.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Versatile For This Useful Post:
multithinker (Sunday, December 09, 2012)