View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 26, 2008

Versatile is an unknown quantity at this point

@sohailpkdr:- I grabbed handful of 50 marks in last year's essay. i wrote on '' islam and its image in west' i just wrote 11 pages ! the paper asked to compose essay of more than 4000 thousand words,mine were around 1000 words ! but i made sure that i write well reasoned essay,so i did. would u believe it was my first attempt to write essay, i had not practisd any kind of essay before that not even a single line. even then i managed to get 50 marks. i m of the openion as brother sohail puts it v.rightly that if one involves v.much in mistakes one would mar quality,and intrest of the essay. so it is better to focuss on the essence than on grammatical mistakes,because without essence a perfectly written essay is bound to doom you,whereas few grammatical errors wont do u any harm and might even escape attention of your who would be engrossed in ur work.
Again it is my personal view and any one can disagree with me.

@shumail aijaz:- Brother you are right , all of us are learners, and we should know that a lot is to be learned,some one rightly said,'' Be curious for knowledge will not get you ; you must get it.'' in this respect i feel every word from your side is a treasure for me as it wud improve me. thanks !