View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 11, 2015

swaleed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIL KHESHGI View Post
Barring Quaid-i-Azam University, International Islamic University and a few other institutions of higher learning in Pakistan, it would take 10-12 years to get your PhD degree because the system is not supportive to the scholars. They would train you to construct a hut and would be expecting from you a palatial house. The standard of education in these very institutions is not up to the mark. The teachers are not interested in teaching or transmitting knowledge, instead, they are doing the job of journalists by sharing information. Moreover, they prefer their own career building (by writing research papers in order to build up their CV more weighty and make a name for theirselves) rather than to transmit the art of research to their students. Our universities are not different from other state institutions, there are lobbies/cartels in our universities who jealously guard their interests and even they don't allow a person who've got a different sort of ideas or teaching methods than theirs. It's not because I'm frustrated but this is what the reality is. I have been a part of this education system-at the receiving end and that's my observation. Though I myself tried my level best to become a part of this corrupt system but after getting through the screening tests and demonstrations (four times in different universities) I was not called for the selection board and the irony is that I had been a teacher in a government run institution where I taught to the senior students. I couldn't become a part of those institutions but the experience furnished me some good opportunities of observing the system very closely. MPhil or PhD try karlo khud jan jaoge my dear!
Agree!! initially i myself was not in favor of study standards at china, but with thorough observation of the facts, i am very much convinced.. so trying to CSC, good luck!