1. Introduction
2. The war on terror or the tug-of-war for power among the big powers
3. Has the war on terror contributed to human rights violations? Yes
a) Afghanistan
b) Iraq
c) Syria
d) Palestine
e) Pakistan
4. How war on terror is violating Human Rights?
a) Freedom of Movement is curbed
b) People dying of food crises
c) Political victimization: Innocent Killings
d) Use of chemical and biological weapons
e) the killings of media persons
f) political vacuum: detaching people’s democratic rights

5. Views of international scholars
a) Noam Chomsky
b) Stephen Cohen
c) Mouin Rabbani
d) Reza Aslan

6. How to restrict this war of terror to avoid the violations of human rights?
a) The big powers should shun their expansionist designs
b) The United Nations can play a viable role
c) Collaborative efforts by states to restrain aggression
d) Addressing people’s socio-economic problems
7. Conclusion

Essay: start was like this:

“When two elephants fight it is the grass that gets trampled”

Two wrongs cannot make a right. War and terror are the two wrongs that have wreaked havoc since the dawn of modern history, creating violation of human rights and fundamental freedoms.

• This was my start. Then:
• I quoted David Frost’s article in which he mentioned that people are dying on account of food crisis created by the warring armies in Anbar and Ramaday provinces of Iraq
• I also quoted a report of the British Observatory based in Syria which mentioned how people are killed mercilessly.
• I also mentioned an article of Thomas Vardy “not weapons but chemical weapons” in which he describes that people are killed but killed in a gruesome manner. I remember I wrote a line “They are killed, killed and mutilated. How shocking the scenes of those innocent civilian killings are! They are killed because they are devoid of right to live, they are divested of the right to live with dignity.
• I also mentioned that morality is mere a dream in international politics. When it takes off, the political arenas seem fraught with horror and terror resulting in the violations of human rights.
• Then quoted Professor Chomsky : “ To curb terrorism is easy: Stop participating in it to ensure human rights”
• Quoted Ban ki-Moon as well while describing what ought to be done to restrain the onslaughts on human rights: “Bombs can kill terrorists but not terrorism. It is good governance and democracy that do along with maintaining human rights”
• While describing the political vacuum created due to the war on terror that has deprived people of their democratic rights and freedoms, I mentioned Reza Aslan’s book “not god but God” in which he says: “ When big powers fight, political vacuum takes birth which is soon filled by undemocratic forces that check human rights”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rahimoon For This Useful Post:
Farhan Kaif (Sunday, March 15, 2015), Laser (Tuesday, October 13, 2015)