View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 07, 2015
43rd CTP (PCS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 57

useyour name is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuiab Ahmed View Post
Dear UMAIR ZAHID... Can you please share the strategy for physics paper. How did you manage both papers. Which books did you consult. Kindly share some notes if possible or some tips how to tackle such a scientific subject. Although I have science background yet physics seems to me a daunting challenge, a hard nut to crack..... I will be thankful if you guide me in this regard....
Thanks in anticipation
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer mech View Post
Congratulations bro. Btw how much were you expecting in Physics subject. Did your both the papers go perfect without any error?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samix View Post
Awesome bro.

Can you share your strategy for Physics? Specially for Numericals and Derivations?
Thankyou very much for your felicitations, and wishing you all the best in your future endeavors. Physics is a tricky, challenging and unpredictable subject with respect to its nature, scope and scoring trend. It must be opted and prepared keeping in view these three aspects. Merely opting it as a subject because one possesses an engineering background won't suffice here !
Firstly, this subject is an amalgamation of topics from fsc, bsc, msc and some engineering books. Each topic therefore needs to be thoroughly prepared at all these levels. This is so that at times the questions asked from the given syllabus contents may require thorough theoretical explanations, detailed derivations, physical significance(s), or merely a numerical solution.

Secondly, opt physics only when you can manage time to prepare other subjects at equal footing. I mean, many a times we forsake other subjects thinking that only physics can accrue us more scores than the rest. This may be a fallacy, because you can see the low scoring trend of physics in 2012, compared with the very easy format of the paper.

Thirdly, do not waste your time in solving all the numericals from Helliday Resnik books or else any bsc book. Only do numericals for selected chapters and utilize solution manuals instead of wasting time. This is so that the larger portion of the papers comprises of insightful theoretical explanations.

Both the papers need different preparation strategies.
Chapter 1 of paper 1 can be prepared from Bsc/Msc physics notes of any renowned professor. Few topics amongst the rest contents need to be prepared from internet or cssforum, which can't easily be found in books or on which sufficient information is not present in books.

Then consult fsc book 1 , Pacific Physics ( Alevel ) volume 1 & 2 , Halliday Resnick (volume 1,2) for paper 1 .

For paper 2 , quantum physics is to be prepared thoroughly from Arthur Beiser, electricity and Magnetism be prepared from fsc book 2 as well as Halliday Resnick ( volume 2) and for detailed derivations, you may seek solved notes of msc/bsc professors.

Electronics portion can be left out as otherwise the syllabus would be too time consuming. But as n 2014, this portion was appended with other chapters and hence, it posed great difficulty for students who had skipped preparing this. Within electronics portion, Electronic devices and circuit theory by Robert Boylestad, Digital electronics by Feldman, Communications books (studied during electrical engg) , notes of modulations, triodes, etc from bsc,msc solved books can be consulted.

For radioactivity, again prepare thoroughly from fsc book 2, halliday resnick volume 2 , a few pages from Arthur Beiser...........

Physics paper can be unnerving if it comes without a holiday as in my case. We couldn't get a time to even have a bird's eye view of half the syllabus contents. And mind it, unless you revise derivations, explanations, numericals , you may get confused on the very day of paper. So, try your best practicing and periodically repeating the already prepared sections of the syllabus. Else the concepts would soon be forgotten !! I made a petty mistakes in paper 1 and was expecting the same as I got i,e, 76. Second paper was quite tough and although mine went good yet am contended with 67 . Many people had awful scores in paper 2......

Last edited by useyour name; Thursday, May 07, 2015 at 01:45 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to useyour name For This Useful Post:
Adnan zia (Thursday, May 07, 2015), beinghuman (Sunday, May 10, 2015), Davidd (Wednesday, May 20, 2015), gzwazir (Thursday, May 07, 2015), imranazeem (Friday, May 08, 2015), pearl jam (Thursday, May 07, 2015), ProfessorX (Saturday, January 02, 2016), Shuiab Ahmed (Thursday, May 07, 2015), Talha Majeed (Thursday, May 07, 2015), Zoha (Thursday, May 07, 2015)