View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 07, 2015
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Nazish Hina is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell View Post
Hello everyone,

I was told by my mentors that the trend of scoring subject selection is just a useless term which aims at misleading aspirants. So I opted for those subjects I had interest in. For instance, Journalism, Sociology, International Law, Sindhi, and British History. Though British History proved good scoring this year, yet all other subjects first grilled me and then fried me deep not in healthy looking vegetable oil but in local BANASPATI GHEE... :-P. Jokes apart, I mean British History saved my skin, while all others subjects gave me pathetically low score. Whereas, my fellow qualifiers scored exceptionally high in subjects like philosophy, psychology, business administration, international relations, arabic, etc.

However, Allah Almighty was so merciful that He awarded me 210 marks in my interview which out of no where helped me in getting me allocated to my first preferred prestigious group Police Service of Pakistan, PSP

So My first tip for aspirants is,

1- Go for intelligent choice of optional subjects especially keeping in view the scoring trend.

2- Work equally hard for the interview after getting through the written part of CSS because it will create an overwhelming difference. Take My Words Seriously, OVERWHELMINGLY DIFFERENCE.

Best of Luck !!!

Warm Regards,
How did your exams of these subjects went?The ones in which you scored low or high,Was there a difference.Were you expecting that?