View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 31, 2015

prince93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahsamadhamadani View Post
When a person commences preparation for CSS, most of the people or fellow aspirants suggest one to join an academy for preparation. They opine that one cannot move forward in an organized way while studying the subjects and that the academy aids in a variety of matters like selecting optional subjects and lecturing on various topics.

They also suggest that the academy provides you the tips and tricks imperative to pass the written exam and helps you in finishing the whole syllabus of all the subjects when you are running short of time.
I also heard the above-mentioned opinions and suggestions when I commenced my preparation for CSS. First of all, as you all know, I had only three months for preparation in my first attempt, so I did not want to join any academy because I had no idea whether they would be able to teach me “the way I want to study”.

Secondly, I trusted my father as my teacher and I relied upon my own abilities as well for covering the entire syllabi of all the subjects. I would say, your confidence becomes your teacher. When you really need to achieve something, you ultimately sort out the ways on your own. You do not need any guide or an academy. The determination, the commitment and your inner will, guide you in the right direction.

Now, I will share my opinion regarding joining the academies. First of all, if a person does not have any idea at all about CSS, then s/he must join an academy. The reason is because the academy can adequately provide you the ABC of CSS exam which includes selecting optional subjects, process of the written exam and selection of books etc. But do not stay in any academy for more than one month as you will be just wasting your time.

Secondly, if a person possesses enough information about CSS to begin the preparation, s/he should not join any academy. Just go for the preparation on your own straight away. You will only be attending lectures at the academy which you can study home by yourself as well. There is no compulsory subject for which you need a teacher or guidance except English.
This reminds me of my third point that one only needs academy to learn to write proper English and I guess this is the only thing which is not given proper and required attention in academies.

I mean, yes, teachers deliver lectures on rules of grammar, principles of precise and idea expansion but unless and until, one does not check your written work on daily basis, how can you expect to learn how to write correct English? In some cases, you get wrong messages and guidance from the academies.

I know one fellow of mine who was taught to write only 10 sides of the pages for English Essay. When he came to me and told me this thing, I advised him to write at least 20 sides of the pages in order to pass the essay paper but he had picked such a bad habit from the academy that he stuck to his habit and flunked the paper by 4 marks.

Lastly, there are so many students in an academy and everyone will share his/her own views on any of the subject, strategies and time tables. This further bewilders an aspirant who joins an academy in hope of gaining clarification pertaining to manifold matters and subjects.

The opinions of teachers may also be biased about the selection of subjects but they will never suggest you a subject which is not being taught in the academy because in this way they might lose a customer (student) who came to their shop (academy).

I ask only one question and I asked this question from myself as well: If aspirants can clinch top positions in this exam without even peeping into any academy, why cannot you get allocation by preparing at your home?

You should know that nobody is born Einstein. Everyone goes through fire and water in order to achieve his/her goal and desires. Please do not fall for the tall claims of academies that this or that topper studied from our academy. That is completely hogwash. It is possible that a topper might have spent a few days in an academy but taking the reward for someone else’s hard work is deception as well as injustice.

Frankly speaking, when you have got a blessing like internet at your disposal, you do not need an academy at all. You have websites like www.cssforum.com, magazines like Jahangir World Times and ID’s of toppers on facebook. In the presence of all these sources, do you really think you need an academy to get through this exam?

Please do not also buy the idea that the academies have some kind of magic wands that will help you in clinching a position among the top 50 contenders of CSS exam.

I know my views may look strongly biased and discriminatory to some of the folks but I merely shared my experience. It was imperative to write this article because this dilemma of joining an academy or not always bemuses so many aspirants.

So folks, trust your own guts, abilities and common sense. Nobody can make you learn anything unless you want to lean it yourself. Rack your brains in whatever you do. As they say, Allah always helps only those who help themselves.
thanks brother, any best teacher you would recommend for English Essay and composition paper in Lahore?