View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 24, 2015

M Manzoor is on a distinguished road
Default Planning Officer Economic Wing June 10, 2015

Sindh Public Service Commission
Pre-Interview Written Test For The Post of Planning Officer (Economic Wing)
Bps-17 In Planning and Development Department, Government of Sindh
10th June 2015 Max Marks 100
10: 00 am to 1: 00 pm

Note: Attempt all questions, all questions carry equal marks.
Question No:
01 Write an organized essay on any one of the following: 20
(i) A civil servant is a public servant
(ii) Education is the only panacea to all social evils present in the society today. Discuss
(iii) Black money
(iv) Computer, its uses and abuses

02 Make a précis of the following passage and give its appropriate heading: 20

If by some magic you could be granted one quick wish, perhaps you might wish to be popular being popular means being liked by a lot of people instead of just a few close friends and that is a big wish. All the same you too can be well liked if you are willing to be on guard against perils of popularity. Let us consider some of these, you cannot be polite and friendly to some and to others without word getting around as to what kind of person you really are, when you are considering other people take time to be friendly with the folks older than you are, your neighbors , teachers, parents and other relatives. If you treat them with respect, they are going to think of you as likable person not as a good for nothing boy. And do not forget to be kind to the little kids too. Again you must think of others and consider their wishes. A majority wins, you know, and if you are out voted in the discussion of what to do and where to go, remember that being a good sport is another way to help your popularity. A good lover does not complain, when the plans do not go this way. At the same time do not be afraid that you are risking your popularity to stand up for what you think is right. It takes courage to say so and is appreciated.

03 write an application to the Secretary Excise & Taxation Department against the liquor shop in your area. 20

04 (a) give meanings of any five of the following idioms /phrases and use in your ow sentences:
i. viva voce
ii. No laughing matter
iii. A laconic speech
iv. Yeoman’s service
v. Point blank
vi. A casting vote
vii. Look down upon

04 (b) Do as directed any five of the following: 10
(i) My watch has been stolen (change the voice)
(ii) I bought the boy a doll. (change the voice)
(iii) We must listen to his words. (change the voice)
(iv) He said to me, “ I have often told you not to play with fire” (change the narration)
(v) He said to him, “Please wait here till I return.” (change the narration)
(vi) What is in lunch? (Correct the sentence)
(vii) She is ______ M.A. (Insert correct article)

05 (a) Translate the following passage into Sindhi/ Urdu. 10
Global warming has been a topic of debate most recently for environmentalists and politicians. However, it is an issue that concerns everyone on the planet. As a result of global warming, temperatures rising all over the world. This in turn is causing glaciers melting that we really see a pattern of global warming in the past 150 years. An example to portray this is that in 1850, Glacier National Park in the USA had 150 glaciers; in 2002 there were only 26.

05 (b) choose any five of the following pairs of words. Define them and use them in sentences of your own which bring out the difference in their meaning. 10

(i) Special, Spatial
(ii) Maize, Maze
(iii) Medal, Meddle
(iv) Imperious, Imperial
(v) Allusion, Illusion
(vi) Immunity , Impunity
(vii) Auspicious, Suspicious
The Following User Says Thank You to M Manzoor For This Useful Post:
amirmuneer (Friday, July 10, 2015)