View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 04, 2015

raziwaqar is on a distinguished road
Default Computer science vs International relations

AoA,
My name is Razi and i graduated from nust last month with a bachelors in computer systems engineering, now i know this is not the accurate forum for this post but the right one (optionals->group 1) seems to be inactive for a month now, and my post is still waiting approval. Please guide me as i have selected my 3-4 to for optionals and have already started my prep since 1st July. My selected optionals are Sociology, US history, Gender studies, International law (may switch it with criminology if i go for CS). The major confusion is between CS and IR, now even though i am a computer SYSTEMS graduate no science but we have covered most of the syllabus except the web portion and even though the syllabus of CS is frightening to say the least, past papers seem very doable. The advantage of CS would be that i will pretty much have to revise things as i have already studied them through the course of my degree, but it is generally advised not to go for it until one has extensive command over the subject! (which i dont as i was an average performer but still it will not be like IR where i have to start from scratch)
On the other hand IR will provide me with overlap with IL, US history, current and pak affairs, essay etc but already having subjects that require cramming would make the preparation very monotonous and dry while IR is not known to be high scoring either! Please help me with your valuable opinion!
Regards,
Razi