View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 20, 2015

Anam Akram will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAhsanIqbal View Post
After going through the revised syllabus for CE-2016, I am finding it quite difficult to decide on optional subjects to opt for. I have recently completed my MBBS but there are not many subjects included in the syllabus, which are directly related to MBBS syllabus.
My current mentality about attempting CE-2016 is that I want to give myself a chance and to avoid having regrets in the future that I didn't try to achieve something better. This means that its not a "do or die" situation for me.
With this mentality, I find myself attracted towards subjects that either have any close or distant relation to MBBS syllabus or those which have no such relation but for some unknown reason appear interesting to me.
However, before embarking on this tedious journey of "subject preparation", I would love to have advice and suggestions from fellow members and seniors on this forum about my subject selection.
I am thinking about the following subjects:
  • Psychology (because of its relation to MBBS)
  • Gender studies (because it appears appealing to me and I don't know why but I think Psychology and Gender studies will make a good combo)
  • Chemistry (Because I was good in chemistry in FSC, which means I have a good "chemical base" )
  • Computer Science (Because I have "better than zero" knowledge about the subject but more importantly because without its 200 marks, I am unable to complete the 600 marks requirement)

Other subjects that I can also opt for, but are not in my preference are:
  • Zoology (Same reason as chemistry)
  • History of USA (Because of friend of mine said that its a high scoring subject and doesn't take that much time to prepare)
Any suggestion or advice is welcome, especially the one related to "score trends" vs "time required for preparation". Thanks
Firstly , I would suggest you to replace Computer Studies with International Relations].There are various reasons behind this suggestion, like:
1- The major portion of syllabus of Pakistan Affairs and Current Affairs overlaps with International Relations.
2- I believe at least bachelors degree in Computer Studies is required to handle it effectively.
3-IR will save you time(Reason stated in point 1)

Secondly,I would recommend environment sciences because of its scientific nature.Its syllabus also overlaps with General Science, Current Affairs and Town-Planning.

Thirdly, You can take International Law. It is related with International Relations. Some topics are also overlapping.

Fourthly, If you are into history, then you should go for European history.It is also related with IR.

Otherwise, Town Planning is also good choice. It has short syllabus and can be covered in less time.

Fifthly, Psychology is a good choice.Otherwise, you can opt regional language (if you are good at it)

Furthermore, Nothing can be said about trends till the result of CE-2016, as all previous trends are obsolete now.Regarding time I would say that It varies from person to person. But i can assure you that if you are focused and motivated, you can still make it. Best of Luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anam Akram For This Useful Post:
DrAhsanIqbal (Friday, August 21, 2015), kingfalcon (Thursday, August 20, 2015)