View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Waqar Afzal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed_Bhuutto View Post
Thank you for your appreciation, I am glad that aspirants are finding those notes worthy. However, talking about the changing trends, FPSC policies are a bit skepitcal these days, specially when it comes to history subjects. But still, I find this paper compaitively easy and one having a good command over the subject should fetch good marks this time.

Except question number 2 all questions were comparitively easy and mostly repeated. Best ov Luck to all who appeared this year and hopefully this subject will revive again with better scores this time.

Strategy to Prepare History of USA for CSS - 2015

• Follow a book (Majumdar/John J NewMan/Harward Zinn) along with my Notes
  • Watch documentaries that cover major events in US History; one can easily find those documentaries on www.Topdocumentaryfilms.com/category/history/
  • Make your own notes in bullet form so that you can revise them on the day of exam
  • Solve past papers at least last 7 to 10 years (this pratise is very important and will surely help you a lot)
  • Keep in touch with latest happening in USA
  • Make your own precised notes on Pak-US Relation since 1947, covering all aspects.
  • Collect all articles on Pak-US relation printed in JWT Magazine which can be easily found at http://jworldtimes.com/Magazine/Archives
  • Solve last 10 to 15 years MCQ's
  • Practise drawing Maps of USA, Divided USA during Civil war, Continet of North and South America.
  • Practise well and have faith in Allah .

Good Luck
What do you say about A pocket history of the United States? And how Majmudar and A peoples history of the US are different in terms of content and approach?

I have been looking for Howard Zinn and unable to find anywhere from Lahore including liberty books. I have contacted Saeed Book Bank in isbd now.
Naveed_Bhuutto (Wednesday, October 07, 2015)