View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 03, 2005
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future
Default Quaid's saying to Civil Servants

The Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah made an address to civil officers in Peshawar in April 1948, he said

‘The reason why I am meeting you is that I wanted to say a few words to you who are occupying very important positions in the administration of this province. The first thing that I want to tell you is that you should never be influenced by any political pressure, by any political party or any individual politician. If you want to raise the prestige and greatness of Pakistan you must not fall victim to any pressure but do your duty as servants of the people and the state, fearlessly and honestly.

The services are the backbone of the state. Governments are formed. Governments are defeated. Prime Ministers come and go, ministers come and go, but you stay on. Therefore, there is a very great responsibility placed on your shoulders. You should have no hand in supporting this political party or that political party, this political leader or that political leader. This is not your business.

Whichever government is formed according to the constitution, and who ever happens to be the prime minister or minister, coming into power in the ordinary course, your duty is only to serve that government loyally and morally but, at the same time, fearlessly, maintaining your high reputation, your prestige, your honour and the integrity of your service. If you start with that determination, you will make a great contribution to the building up of Pakistan of our conceptions and our dream-a glorious state and one of the greatest nations in the world.

While impressing this upon you, I wish also to take the opportunity of impressing upon our leaders and politicians in the same way, that if they ever try to interfere with you and bring political pressure to bear upon you, which leads to nothing but corruption, bribery and nepotism-which is a horrible disease and for which not only your province but others too are suffering-if they try to interfere with you in this way, I say they are doing nothing but disservice to Pakistan.

I hope that each of you will understand his own sphere of duty and responsibility and act with others harmoniously in complete cooperation, keeping in mind that each has to do his duty within the sphere to which he belongs, if on your part start with that determination and enthusiasm – and I hope the other side will also realize what a terrible evil they are raising up and how it demoralizes the services to try and influence this department or that departments, this office or that officer-and if you stick to your determination you will have done a great service to your nation. Putting pressure on service people is, I know, a very common fault of politicians and those with influence in political parties, but I hope you will now, from today, resolve and determine to act according to the humble advice I am giving you.

May be some of you may fall victim for not satisfying the whims of ministers. I hope it does not happen, but you may even be put to trouble not because you are doing anything wrong but because you are doing right.

Sacrifices have to be made, and I appeal to you, to come forward if need be to make the sacrifice and face the position of being put on the black list or being otherwise worried or troubled. If some of you will give me the opportunity of your sacrifice, believe me we will find a remedy for that very soon. I tell you that you will not remain on the black list if you discharge your duties honestly, sincerely and loyally to the state. It is you who can give us the opportunity to create a powerful machinery which will give you complete sense of security.’

-----
Courtesy : the NEWS, Islamabad – Saturday June 25, 2005 (Opinion by Mr. Hafizur Rahman captioned ‘Quaid and the services’)
adeel abdullah (Wednesday, October 12, 2011), ANOMALOUS (Tuesday, October 03, 2017), Antalpur (Sunday, September 04, 2011), anum.idrees (Wednesday, December 23, 2015), faisalraza (Monday, March 02, 2009), faizifm (Tuesday, May 23, 2017), HafizIkram678 (Thursday, April 20, 2017), I love Hussain Bin Ali (Wednesday, July 02, 2014), jokhiosarmad (Wednesday, October 17, 2012), Kamran Chaudhary (Sunday, September 04, 2011), Khadija Noor (Thursday, August 15, 2013), khawar89 (Sunday, March 31, 2019), koJ65 (Wednesday, March 07, 2018), Lubna Nawab (Wednesday, April 03, 2013), M Ramzan Raimz (Thursday, May 10, 2018), Maroon Beret (Monday, March 02, 2015), mjkhan (Monday, September 05, 2011), MuhammadUsmanAli (Monday, February 20, 2012), Naheedmir (Tuesday, October 20, 2020), Raat ka musafir (Wednesday, November 13, 2013), s malik (Thursday, December 13, 2012), Saniya panezai (Tuesday, January 07, 2014), SarmadA (Friday, September 27, 2019), syedghulammustafa5328 (Friday, February 08, 2013), Wajya (Sunday, October 23, 2011)