View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 29, 2015

alirazakh is on a distinguished road
Default Loopholes and Fairness not be confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
Let me tell you what I think, brother
I don't intend to curse/malign FPSC for anything at this moment, especially when I have personally failed to qualify. "Angoor khattay hain" is usually the first thing that comes to mind when a failed candidate voices opinions about result. Nevertheless, I am leaving my personal experience here for you and those who are capable of objectively interpreting it, to derive benefit for themselves.

I have 70 marks in Précis paper. I got 3 MCQs wrong. I made sentences when the question demanded that the meanings of the given pairs of words be "explained" (I attempted in haste, without reading the question, assuming that the usual "make sentences" would be there in the statement). This takes 7 marks out. I only made 3 correct sentences out of the idioms/proverbs. This takes 9 marks out. In the sentence/paragraph corrections, I knew I would not be awarded more than 6/10. All of this adds up to 14. Technically speaking, I acquired 70/86 marks in this paper.

Now, I am not trying to promote any half-baked notions here. But does it make any sense to any of you? This is what I think: the examiner just read my précis and awarded 70/100. He didn't bother himself with the other questions. I had heard that they do this sometimes, from a senior retired professor. I wasn't sure of it then. But now, my own experience confirms this.

Secondly, the generosity shown in the précis this time was shown to the essay in 2014. This is quite clear from the DMCs here. Keeping that in mind, 2016 aspirants should prepare themselves exceptionally well for both essay and précis exam. If FPSC decide to target any one of them, at least YOU shouldn't give them any reason to fail you. And in the end, your fate would be the decisive factor
Sir Cogito almost same happened to me in PMS-14, 77 in Urdu, I had never scored such a massive score in SSC or Pre medical despite 100% correct objectives (I saw my papers with due legal process). I speculate, the examiners never bother to evaluate other questions when one is either approved or disapproved. FPSC is fair but it does not mean that they don't have loopholes in the system, there is keen demarcation. While the examiners indirectly belong to FPSC, the professor, not the staff of FPSC. I wish all the seniors, who had attempted it as last or even second, they be a beacon and an illuminating edifice where ever they make endeavours.