Thread: Hadith
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hurriah will become famous soon enoughHurriah will become famous soon enough

Sunan Abu-Dawud
Book 5, Number 1302

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

Do not give up prayer at night, for the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) would not leave it. Whenever he fell ill or lethargic, he would offer it sitting.

Sunan Abu-Dawud
Book 5, Number 1303

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: May Allah have mercy on a man who gets up at night and prays, and awakens his wife; if she refuses, he should sprinkle water on her face. May Allah have mercy on a woman who gets up at night and prays, and awakens her husband; if he refuses, she would sprinkle water on his face.

Sunan Abu-Dawud
Book 5, Number 1304

Narrated AbuSa'id ; AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If a man awakens his wife at night, and then both pray or both offer two rak'ahs together, the (name of the )man will be recorded among those who mention the name of Allah, and the (name of the) woman will be recorded among those who mention the name of Allah. Ibn Kathir did not narrate this tradition as a statement of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), but he reported it as a statement of AbuSa'id.

Sunan Abu-Dawud
Book 5, Number 1309

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Any person who offers prayer at night regularly but (on a certain night) he is dominated by sleep will be given the reward of praying. His sleep will be almsgiving.

Sunan Abu-Dawud
Book 5, Number 1320

Narrated Abdullah ibn Habashi al-Khath'ami:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was asked: which is the best action? He replied: To stand in prayer for a long time.

Sunan Abu-Dawud
Book 5, Number 1322

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

The Prophet's (peace_be_upon_him) recitation was loud enough for one who was in the inner chamber to hear it when he was in the house.

Sunan Abu-Dawud
Book 5, Number 1324

Narrated AbuQatadah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) went out at night and found AbuBakr praying in a low voice, and he passed Umar ibn al-Khattab who was raising his voice while praying.

When they both met the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) together, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I passed by you, AbuBakr, when you were praying in a low voice. He replied: I made Him hear with Whom I was holding intimate converse, Apostle of Allah. He (the Prophet) said to Umar: I passed by you when you were praying in a loud voice. He replied: Apostle of Allah, I was awakening the drowsy and driving away the Devil.

Al-Hasan added in his version: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Raise your voice a little, AbuBakr, and he said to Umar: Lower your voice a little.