View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 26, 2015

husseych is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emikszone View Post
Even though I am a junior member and I will be attempting CSS for the first time in few months but the irony you have mentioned is simple to understand actually.

Its a descriptive type of exam. Unlike many international exams in which only one answer is right and every question is designed to judge multiple aspects of candidate, CSS still falls in the category of archaic exam systems where descriptive answers are required to judge a candidate.
This poses great problem. Greater when the number of candidates is so huge. The factors which influence the final result are greatly controlled by the person who checks exam papers. His understanding, his personal approach, his idea of an ideal expression, his favorite way writing, his favorite style of referencing and so much more. So when there is no perfect answer for a question and when there is no absolute standard of awarding a candidate, how do you see the accuracy of whole system to select the best candidates?

I heard people saying CSS is all 50% about luck. I say , its the failure of a system . When a system can't give a perfect output, it relies on random selection of choices. sometimes it works, other times it fails.

Peace
No doubt CSS needs immediate reforms but it does not mean to replace descriptive essay type questions with MCQs (Which I believe you were referring towards). Both type of questions have their own importance and every educational expert agrees.
Essay type questions are necessary for CSS Exams as the purpose is not only to check the knowledge but depth of knowledge and most importantly the analytical and critical skills are also judged. Descriptive essay questions are the best option in this regard.

As with the checking process, again some reforms are required but remember this is a competitive exam, you do not only have to perform good but perform competitively. So, papers are checked relatively to others. If 100% people performed reasonably well then everyone will get just an average score and vice versa.