SYLLABUS OF JUDICIAL MAGISTRATE / CIVIL JUDGE (B-18)
1. The examination shall include compulsory and optional subjects. A candidate shall take all compulsory subjects and two (02) of the optional subjects. Not more than one optional subject shall be taken from any group.
2. A candidate shall answer the papers in English, unless otherwise directed.
4. The compulsory and optional subjects and maximum marks allocated to each subject shall be as shown below:
1. English General and Essay 150
2. General Paper including Essay in Urdu, Balochi, Brahvi, Pashtoo, Punjabi ,Sindhi 150
3. Islamic & Pakistan Studies / Ethics 150
4. General Knowledge including Everyday Science 150
5. Civil Law-1 100
6. Civil Law-11 100
7. Criminal Law 100
8. Viva Voce (after passing the written portion of examination 200
No candidate shall be summoned for Viva Voce test unless he/she obtained at least 33 percent marks in each individual written paper and 50 percent marks in aggregate of the written portion of the examination. No candidate shall be considered to have qualified in the examination unless he/ she obtained at least 50 per cent marks in Viva Voce test. Failure in or absence from Viva Voce test shall mean that the candidate has failed to qualify for appointment and his name will not be included in the merit list.
* The knowledge of Islamic Studies will not apply to non-Muslims.
Optional subjects for Civil Judges post are the same as for the posts of Section Officers
excluding Applied Mathematics (Group-C), Criminal Law, Civil Law, and Journalism (Group-E). Unlike for the post of Section Officers, all optional subjects here are of 100 marks each.
All papers shall be of three hours’ duration