View Single Post
Old Sunday, December 27, 2015

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniyalahmed View Post
Friends, I would raise another very important point. In first world countries people aspire to be entrepreneurs. Their role models are Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Tim Cook and Sir Richard Branson. An entrepreneur creates value by organizing societal resources to create products and services. This process in turn creates jobs and improves overall well-being of people. Contrarily, a civil servant is the most useless person on planet earth, a blood sucking parasite. In developed countries, the reliance on government services to deliver public amenities have been reduced. This is because public servants are construed to be embodiment of inertia, red tape and labyrinthine bureaucracy. Such a person is drawn down by rules, procedures and laws. Even if he is motivated, he has to contend with powerful vested interests. Today, change is not being brought by government servants but by vibrant civil society, journalists and entrepreneurs. Each year thousands of young kids sit for the competitive exams. What for? This is such a waste of society's scare resources. Imagine 14000 young, able bodied people doing nothing but preparing for a mind boggling exam. Out of these only lucky 200 odd would be selected. Isn't this wastage on a gigantic scale? 13500 people with their hours and money on pursuing CSS. They could have set-up something good. I just wish that our youth should realize that business is the way forward and not government service. If you are dead sure, you can crack this examination sit for it. If not than try your hand at other things. Remember pass percentage of CSS is abysmal 2 - 3 percent. Always have a plan B.
Exactly.. During my short stint of living in a developed country, I observed that people wanted to become entrepreneurs, professionals or pursue their interests without any problems from society or government. In fact they don't worship the army or police like people do over here, the governments fear its people rather than the people fearing their governments. When I used to come to Pakistan, CSS would come to my mind but when I would go back, CSS would go out of the window and I would concentrate on my profession because everyone over there was equal and empowered, there is no crocodile culture where the powerful can make your life miserable or disrespect you every other day. It is becoming a globalised world where Multinational Corporations will call the shots and money will talk, gone are the days when being a Sepoy in the East India Company would give you immense power and wealth. This is the world of neo-colonialism and it is being colonised by knowledge and money.

Most people pursue CSS for self-recognition, respect in society and security, many pursue it to get power and wealth as well. If we make such conditions in Pakistan, where every person has equal rights and gets justice, where they are given respect and confidence, where there is rule of law and democratic culture, where there are plenty of economic opportunities and jobs, very few people will run after CSS.

Another thing is, with time CSS will loose any charm left in it, it has been 70 years since the British have left and all their good impact upon is is slowly eroding.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingfalcon For This Useful Post:
aneelbachwani (Thursday, December 31, 2015), eshklock (Monday, December 28, 2015), Xcalibre (Monday, December 28, 2015)