Thread: Economics
View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 28, 2016

Mig23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtanzeel View Post
The analysis book of varian is advanced book. Intermediate micro will suffice. Ruchard T froyen is a beautiful book for macro portion with mankiv.
But akbar zaidi is a big No owing to totally outdated data. Google every topic and make independent notes for paper two.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk
Yes agree with you. I consult from Analysis just few things which I require details. Mankiw gives fundamental basis and Varian make things concrete. For instance the topic of indifference curves and Substitution and Income effect when I studied from Mankiw remained vague, but when I consulted Varian, it not just made things clear regarding the Hickshian Approach but also the Slutsky Equation. However there are certain things not available in Varians as well, for instance; the Mid-Point approach for finding Price Elasticity of demand is not even given in Varian rather he follow the simple Point Elasticity approach. On the other hand, Mankiw emphasizes the efficiency of the Mid-Point approach by giving example such as considering movement from A to B but then from B to A.

Thanks brother for guiding regarding paper II. Further elaboration is needed in this regard.