FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

ECONOMICS, PAPER - II

Time Allowed: Three Hours
Part-I (MCQs): Maximum 30 Minutes
Part-I (MCQs): Maximum Marks = 20
Part-II: Maximum Marks = 80

Notes:
(i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR question from PART-II. ALL question carry EQUAL marks.
(iii) All the parts (if any) of each question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
(iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
(v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answer. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
(vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.

Q.2 Faster development leads to environmental degradation. Explain how development can be sustained without degrading the environment? (20)

Q.3: Critically evaluate major monetary and fiscal measures taken in Pakistan to promote agriculture development. (20)

Q.4: Critically evaluate import substitution and export led policies adopted in Pakistan to promote agriculture development. (20)

Q.5: Explain factors responsible for deterioration of terms of trade for Pakistan. How Pakistan can improve its terms of trade? (20)

Q.6: Present a detailed account of Pakistan's experience of privatization process. (20)

Q.7: Has interest-free banking been successful in Pakistan? Highlight the weaknesses and strengths of interest-free banking in Pakistan. (20)

Q.8: Energy crisis in Pakistan has slowed down the growth process in Pakistan. In your opinion, how the energy shortage can be overcome? (20)

Siddique (Monday, February 22, 2016)