View Single Post
Old Friday, February 26, 2016
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,290 Times in 783 Posts
exclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura about

I drew Urbanization flow chart, growth rate diagram in question number 2:

Urbanization:
According to Mitchell urbanization is a process of becoming urban, moving to cities, changing from agriculture to other pursuits common to cities.

More than 50% of the world population now lives in cities & that figure is set to rise to 75% by 2050.
High urbanization in the world is in both Asia & Africa.

Population living in urban areas: Source: UN, World Urbanization Prospects: 2003 Revision (2004)
Also UNPD (Population Division) & WB depicted it:
----------29 (1950)
----------------37 (1975)
---------------------47 (2000)
-------------------------61 (2030)

50% people of the world are living in urban areas
750million people are living $2 per day & 290million on $1 per day (Report: WB 2013)
Deteriorating condition due to urbanization with respect to socioeconomic aspects & population.
Though, urbanization is engine for economic growth
S.Asia, due to urbanization, confrontation of socioeconomic problems in today's world.

In question 3, I drew diagram of CBD/Ring, Axial & Nuclei theories along with a hierarchy settlements. In addition to that, I drew tree zoning chart of agro-industrial sector, commercial, socio-economic zoning and incorporated some statistics of USA, Canada & Australia models along with India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.

I could not drew any diagram flow chart in rest of the questions due to short of time. To me it was an average attempt, could not make it what I used to project it to attempt.