View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 06, 2016
Banned

ursula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna khan View Post
Question National power i attempt this question with reference to Territory, population, Geography, economy, etc with different examples of states...then i discuss soft power such as media, cultural aspects, public opinion etc...i guess i discuss realist etc school of thoughts as well. Is that right?...
Here in discussions friends interpreted different version of question, that put me in doubt about my own question?...
Please comment on my descriptive but with logical and technical elaboration.
I stated my answer with this.
If somebody wants to see the importance of national power than see the American model such as federated unit but with unanimous spirit of patriotism.Than have a look on Former national states such as USSR, Chechkoslovakia, and Yugoslavia.
These states were supposed to be strongest and worlds super power.(I explained their characertistics feature which united different ethnolinguistic regions such as Serbia,Kosovo and Herzegovina in Yugo)
Importance in terms of contemporary world:greatly reduced by liberal economy and globalization such as In Africa, where from food to state sovereignty is privatized( remember opposite of national power is privatization), such as blue helmet in conflict areas.
Consequesces
if national power is compromised than
1.Loss of sovereignty (Libya as a case study)
2.invitation of non state actors(Drug and klashankof culture in Pakistan)
3.separatist movement(Iraq,Syria and Balochistan)
4.Deterritorialization(Dhaka debacle of east Pakistan)
5.Economic dishormony(Greece crisis)
I hope positive,rational and technical criticism would be out there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ursula For This Useful Post:
étoile brillante (Thursday, July 14, 2016), Urooj rajput (Saturday, January 25, 2020)