View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 31, 2016

Zainab S is on a distinguished road

Hi,
it's very nice of you to ask. I have been studying theoretical criminology book by vold. I read it again, this time more carefully and it took me a lot of time. Finally it is done. I thought to come here after it is done and I have understood it because I start running around with ideas and mix up stuff and then get embarrassed when I get called out on that. lol so was trying to be a responsible person.
You were right I was mixing up the radical with conflict. I know it might be stupid to revisit same book but now things are making more sense to me. You were also right about Marxism and its relativity with criminology. I was focusing on just him and criminology, later on it panned out and got divided into many strands. (instrumentalists, structuralist, left realism, there is feminist perspective here too that brings patriarchy in focus and juveniles and others because socio-economics plays a huge role in society).
I am trying to figure out why marxism doesn't come under conflict criminology. It talks about power centres too. Can you help me over this?
So far this is the one that is bugging me the most.

Are you on twitter?
The Following User Says Thank You to Zainab S For This Useful Post:
ursula (Thursday, March 31, 2016)