View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Super Moderator
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best Mod 2008

Thanked 1,764 Times in 818 Posts
Princess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to behold

I found this in one of my books:

Liver: The liver, often referred to by the word root hepat, is the body's largest glandular organ.

Skin: The skin is the largest organ in the body, weighing about 4 kg. Though it appears uniform in structure and function, its thickness in fact varies, from less than 1 mm covering the eyelids to more than 5 mm on the upper back.

Quote:
Q………Largest organ of human body
So, as per the above question, skin is the right answer.

I was wondering that skin and liver both are glands as well as organs. Then how liver is the largest glandular organ and skin the largest organ? After further reading the book and searching wikipedia the conclusion to which I reach is that liver is the largest internal and glandular organ, whereas skin is the largest organ of the integumentary system and also skin itself is not a gland but there are accessory structures associated with it which includes glands.

So, if asked about the largest internal or glandular organ then that would be liver otherwise the largest organ, on the whole, is skin.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Princess Royal For This Useful Post:
Ayan Khan (Thursday, February 05, 2009), hira imam rizvi (Friday, March 06, 2009), Mumtaz Hayat Maneka (Wednesday, June 18, 2008), Qaiserks (Wednesday, April 01, 2009), SAZ (Tuesday, August 12, 2008)